• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from Iowa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Iowa.

Hey everyone, new guy from West Des Moines here. I am the owner of a 2002 Camaro Z28 in Navy Blue Metallic. I am looking for good advice on starting to detail with more advanced techniques. I am still at the hand stage but hopefully will be picking up the G110 very soon. I have always been very pleased with Meguiar's products. I grew up around my father who had always done custom paint and who swore by Meguiar's. As I got older I realized why.

I am also thinking about starting a detailing business some day soon. As of right now I am doing full wash and dries along with clay and cleaner wax and sealant. I also do some interior work but unfortunately don't have the equipment to handle big stains yet. I am more than willing to learn from the best and have been lurking for a few days and it already looks like there are a few members who are much more knowledgeable then I could ever hope to be.

I will hopefully post up some pictures of my car tonight. It is a 40K mile daily driver that is modified. Your basic swirls and a few parking lot scratches. Nothing that should be too hard to remove. Thanks for letting me join a great board! I look forward to learning and hopefully eventually teaching some newbs like myself.

*Edit* Are image signatures allowed on here?
    Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
    Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Re: New guy from Iowa.

Welcome to MOL!

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
      --VoicesInMyHead--
      0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Nice to see a fellow Iowan onboard. There are only a few of us on MOL. I'm in Waterloo. Wow 40K miles is pretty low for a 2002 car. Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Hey, welcome to MOL!
          Rob A.
          '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
          '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by Funkster View Post
              *Edit* Are image signatures allowed on here?
              We don't allow pictures in your signature because it visually junks up a thread.

We're always open to having someone make the case to allow this but so far no one has done so.

We do allow a generous amount of space for your Avatar however, 160 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                We don't allow pictures in your signature because it visually junks up a thread.

We're always open to having someone make the case to allow this but so far no one has done so.

We do allow a generous amount of space for your Avatar however, 160 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.
                Good enough, thanks for the prompt answer. Everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome!
                Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
                Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

welcome to MOL

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

Welcome to MOL

Comment

Here are the pictures I promised.

Whole Car:

A couple of reflection shots:

The reasons I am here:

Comment

to MOL

good to see so many F-Bodies sooo shiny!
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                            to MOL

good to see so many F-Bodies sooo shiny!
                            Ya I have seen a few different F-bodies around here.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');