• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just to say hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to say hi

HI EVERYBODY

Just an note introduce myself. Name is STEVE. I own a 65 COBRA replica. Have always used MEGUAIRS products & love them. Hope to see alot of you at the OPEN GARAGE this THURSDAY. Bringing the COBRA down because I just picked the car up at my engine installer today as we put a new 289 in. Well his worker decided to just wipe the dust & dirt off the COBRA with a rag & not wash it. What was once a near flawless paint job now has a million minor scracthes & swirl marks. Looks like something SCRATCH X will handle.

Re: Just to say hi

Welcome to the site Steve!

Wish I could swing by Thursday to see your Cobra, maybe some other time. I'm sure the guys will take care of you.

Comment

to MOL!

Please post some pix of that bad boy when your done
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

to mol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Have put three photos of my COBRA nicknamed "KERMIT" in an album in my profile. In one of the photos is yours truly before a road race at WILLOW SPRINGS. Buddy & built the COBRA over 8 years ago. Have alot of miles & alot of races since then. KERMIT has been on a trailer only once in its lifetime & that was recently over to my engine builder. Have driven KERMIT to every race I have ever entered; LAGUNA SECA, SEARS POINT, CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY, LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL, & have driven once each to GATEWAY in ST LOUIS & LIME ROCK in CT. Alot of fun.

Comment

Thats awesome!

Hey! I went to school with a Mike Moriarty in Glendale Or.
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
              --VoicesInMyHead--
              0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

No relation to that gentlemen. My son did live in Portland area for a while.
                One thing I forgot to mention is that I have about 15 autographs on my dash & door side panels of KERMIT. Everytime I race with someone or attned an event I'll have someone sign. Right now I have DAN GURNEY, BOB BONDURANT, JAY LENO, PARNELLI JONES, TOMMY IVO, DAVEY JORDAN [GT-350 driver], JOHN MORTON, JIM RATHMANN [won Indy in 1960] JERRY GRANT, GEORGE BARRIS, & a few others. Have been asked to display at SEMA this year & will hopefully be adding RICHARD PETTY, ANDY GRANATELLI, & few others while I'm there. Friend of mine is trying to setup having EMERSON FITIZPALDI do it early next year. Might even be able to JACKIE STEWART & STRILING MOSS sometime early 09. Once the dash & panels are full I'll have people sign the inside of the COBRA's hood.

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE MORIARTY View Post
                    No relation to that gentlemen. My son did live in Portland area for a while.
                    One thing I forgot to mention is that I have about 15 autographs on my dash & door side panels of KERMIT. Everytime I race with someone or attned an event I'll have someone sign. Right now I have DAN GURNEY, BOB BONDURANT, JAY LENO, PARNELLI JONES, TOMMY IVO, DAVEY JORDAN [GT-350 driver], JOHN MORTON, JIM RATHMANN [won Indy in 1960] JERRY GRANT, GEORGE BARRIS, & a few others. Have been asked to display at SEMA this year & will hopefully be adding RICHARD PETTY, ANDY GRANATELLI, & few others while I'm there. Friend of mine is trying to setup having EMERSON FITIZPALDI do it early next year. Might even be able to JACKIE STEWART & STRILING MOSS sometime early 09. Once the dash & panels are full I'll have people sign the inside of the COBRA's hood.

That is way to cool. Welcome to MOL. I have always wanted to build a cobra. was it hard?
                    Alex
                    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Wasn't hard at all. Really depends on the manufacturer you pick. Mine is manufactured by FACTORY fIVE RACING out of WAREHAM, MASS. Great people & great company. There are alot of good companies out there but there are some seriously bad ones, like one that has had backordered parts for kits they sold that could actually go to 5 years. ROGER & I built KERMIT in 90 days. Went together quite easily. Would have been done in under 70 days but that was the year it rained every weekend for about 2 months so all my test drives got pushed back. Car ran flawlessly for almost 8 years until the motor issue we had develop in the late spring of this year on the track at CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY. I'd say build one, its a great expereince.

Comment

Forgot to add some details. KERMIT is running a beefed up 289 running a HOLLEY 670 CARB, EDLEBROCK PERFORMER INTAKE, FORD SPORTSMAN CLASS RACING HEADS. Dynoed at a little over 400HP at the flywheel. Car weighs at just about 1900LBS. 0-60 Time was clocked at WILLOW SPRINGS at 3.68seconds. One of the best things is that I was able to register it under a spacial law in CA called SB100 so I'm smog exempt.
                        Anyonei n the POMONA,CA or SO CAL area that wants to drop by & say HEH we can that KERMIT for a SPIN [OH! SPIN IS NOT A GOOD WORD TO A RACE DRIVER], a RIDE.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');