• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! New here. Got started in amateur auto detailing a few months back. Learning little by little. I figured if I really want to start learning I should probably join a good detailing forum.

I'm a member over at 8thcivic.com and an admirier of the work of two members here. RaskyR1 and Presidential_Detail who are also members over there.

I own a 2007 Tafetta White Civic Si Coupe...

In addition our Family Fleet has a 2003 Oriental Blue 325i Sports Package that I've done a lot of work on but still needs help.

Aaanndd a 2008 Carmona Red Cayenne. Pretty good shape but need some help.

Unfortunately I have no interesting pictures of the Cayenne or 325i since they aren't mine but I hope to have good pictures once it gets warm out again and I can put several hours into them...

Howver, here are a few pictures of my baby...

Re: Newbie

Nice Honda Civic!!
    Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Nice looking car. Nice photography too! Your work?

Feel free to set one of the photos up as your avatar or let me know what one you want and I can set it for you.
      Scott

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I really like the car. It is a nice sporty ride that is easy to live with but loves trips to twisties and autocrosses. Even before I got the car I wanted to get one with a white on white setup. It turned out pretty well but I'll be happier when I get an autocross setup suspension that will probably have a mild drop that will make it look better. White might not be as flattering has other colors the car comes with (like Fiji Blue and Habanero Red) but I still like it. I am trying to go for a custom look that will set it apart but definitely stick to an an overall "oem look."

Photos are mine. I am sort of getting into amatuer photography. Myself and a friend from Charlotte (who's car you can catch in the background of pic 3), both enjoy taking pictures and when I got my point and shoot I started to play around with it.

My dad is an avid photographer but due to economic hardship couldn't justify spending money to replace his aging EOS1 so I had to bite the bullet for him and got him an XSi for Christmas. Though so far I am the only one who has played with it. Just got into HDR as you can see from the last two photos.

I am a former Zaino user but switched to Meguiars and have been pretty pleased with the results. I had a little bit of experience with PC's (I have a 110 equivalent model) and have been primarily using Meguiars 9, 7, and NXT 2.0.

Limited experience with UQD and recently had a forray into PLastx with my dad's BMW (minor pitting/hazing) and my friend's Jeep Grand Cherokee (MAJOR hazing) I have pictures of both I will probably try to post up in another section tonight.
        I have also become a fan of Gold Class Endurance High Gloss tire gel. I've used A LOT of tire dressings and finally found a bottle of this my dad bought way back when. Used sparingly it looks fantastic and lasts much longer than other dressings I've used with minimal run (which you notice big time on white wheels)

I am most excited to try out 105 and 205 which Rasky and Presidential have praised on our forum.

Looking forward to learning a ton more about products and techniques.

Oh, PS, if the logic of any of my posts seems a bit out of whack, I am hopped up on meds from getting my wisdom teeth out today. :p

Comment

to Meguiar's Online!

Mike
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Welcome to MOL!
            '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
            '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

nice car
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

to MOL!
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
                  List O' Links 2.0
                  Meguiar's Online Database

Ryan
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

To mol.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');