• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Rookie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Rookie.

Hello Everyone,

I have been a long time reader so I figured I might as well join up. I own a Super Black 2009 Nissan Maxima. I am looking to keep it the best it can possibly look so who else to join other then MOL. I guess I shall start off with a question.... I purchased the Deep Crystal Line but instead of the Step 1 Paint Cleaner I have ScratchX 2.0. Should this be sufficient enough to remove light swirling in black paint? Do I need something lighter? Possibly Stronger?
    Thanks in advance guys,
    Matt

Edit: Also, I will be doing everything by hand.
    Last edited by mreim769; Jun 16, 2009, 12:04 PM. Reason: Forgot a detail.
    Matt

Re: Canadian Rookie.

I'd pick up some Swirl X or Ultimate Compound to remove swirls and light scratches. Scratch X 2.0 is more of a spot treatment, but you can use it on the whole car if you want to. Do you have a clay bar and quality car wash, microfibers, applicators, etc.? If not plan on picking some up.

to MOL!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Thanks . I picked up a bottle of ONR (Optimum No Rinse) for my wash, I have a chenille wash mit, a set of 12 MF towels and cloths, and 4 Meguiars Hi Tech Applicators. The only reason I went with the ONR and not Meguiars is that I don't have easy access to a hose to rinse hense the no rinse. I think I might pick up some Ultimate Compound then tonight.

Edit: I did buy a clay bar as well. I have some horrible rail dust.
      Last edited by mreim769; Jun 16, 2009, 12:57 PM. Reason: I should really re read before I type.
      Matt

Comment

I could see taking the ScratchX 2.0 back, and having SwirLX and UC on your shelf. Those 2 should cover all problems as best you can by hand.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

(It's my turn to follow you about tonight.)

" + 2 MOL"

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

So I think I may have stumbled across a problem. I can't find Ultimate Compound in Canada. Does it have another name? Or am I just going crazy?
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');