• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings, new black car and new to the forum !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, new black car and new to the forum !

Hi folks, I've been using several Meguiars products in the past like Gold Class car wash, NXT wax and Ultimate Quick Detailer and UQDInterior. I will need help from Meguiars more then ever since I bought an 09 Cadillac CTS Black Raven (non-metallic paint). Looks great from far and when it's not in direct sunlight. When delivered and preped by the dealer the car initially had some scratches and they made bad buffing leaving swirls and some holographic marks...I guess from wet sanding... was so mad.

When I wax the car it hides the swirls a bit... only for a while but they come back quickly enough. I have bought some Scratchx, SwirlX and Ultimate Compound. I also just bought a Porter Cable DA Polisher but afraid to use it on my car yet, will practice on my brother's old black car first.

So far my testing is limited. I was able to remove some light scratches here and there with ScratchX. I then tried some SwirlX on a foam pad going in circular motion with medium pressure for about 20 secs. It seems to create swirls but instead of being the initial big swirls I had they are now ultra fine and everywhere where I buffed. When I step back the paint is actually looking paler due to the ultra fine swirls it created. I'm just wondering if I just did that or if it was like that caused by the dealer. I'm afraid to go deeper. I tried quickly to use ScratchX on my spot and it brought back that area to some great results, not sure if it will look that good permanentely. By looking at some videos of people using SwirlX with a DA I guess my 20 secs or so of hand buffing were simply not enough and I should have kept going until I reach a "clean depth". If someone could give me some hint based on their experience. I just don't know what too much is yet.

My brother and I will try the DA polisher on his old Toyota (metallic paint that is more forgiving than mine) since he has several deep sratches, will start with SwirlX the Ultimate Compound if needed.

many thanks !

Alex.

Re: Greetings, new black car and new to the forum !

Hello and welcome to mol.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hi Alex,

Welcome to MOL!

Andy M.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');