• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 vs. 7424XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 vs. 7424XP

Which one works better?

Re: G110 vs. 7424XP

The PC is more powerful, however, you should check out the G110v2 that was just announced at SEMA. You can find the information under the thread New 2010 Products, or click on the link at the top of the page.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Of all the DA's I've read about, Mike Phillips rates them as follows.....most powerful first.....

Griots Garage 6"
      PC7424XP
      G110 (version 1)
      G100/PC7424 et al..

Not sure where the new G110 falls, but it's a new design and may end up highest on the list.

They all work great and more power doesn't mean better results.

I own a G100 (a PC7335) and swing the 7" Soft Buff 2.0, older pads and just got some 5.5" LC pads and they work fine with all with appropriate backing plates.

It takes some learning to use the machine/pad/product combo to achieve what you want but it's not all that bad
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

What's so special about Griot's Garage 6" DA? Lighter weight and more power than the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
          What's so special about Griot's Garage 6" DA? Lighter weight and more power than the competition?
          It was more powerful and had a higher orbits per minute rating. However, the new G110v2 should be more powerful than everything else due to the cruise control feature. When applying pressure to the machine, it bogs down. With the G110v2, when it starts to bog, the machine "powers up". Similar to cruise control in a car - you hit a hill at 60 mph and the cruise applies more throttle to keep the car at 60 mph.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Thanks Colin. This cruise control seems like a really cool feature. Usually when you apply more pressure to DA polisher it quits rotating and just starts joggling.
            I can't wait to get my hands on G110 v.2.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');