• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hello, just signed up. i got these water marks or something on my car that just won't come out. what's the appropriate forum section to post that in?

Re: hello

I'll post here for now

See above, there's these little white marks or dots everywhere. It's easier to see in the reflection of the sky. What are they? I thought they were water spots, so I tried the usual, clay barring, polisher, buffer, etc. While the paint was exceptionaly clean and soft to the touch, those marks remained. I tried this on small sections to test if I could get it out but it's still there.

It looks like it's in my clear coat. Any suggestions in removing them? These spots are pretty much on my hood, roof, and trunk.

A little background, my car was pretty much an outdoor car. Parked outside during the day and night for 3 years. I just recently started parking it in the garage. I washed my car regularly. I live in S. Cali. My car sees a lot of sun and shine

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on what it is or how to remove it. I'm perfectly fine paying a detailer to do it if it's done right.

Comment

Detailing 101 is a good start. Any pics, tell us what you have done so far, how, etc.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

What products did you use with the polisher and buffer?

Comment

Welcome to MOL!
            There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              What products did you use with the polisher and buffer?
              Well I did the clay bar myself. I decided to take my car to a detailer shop near by to see what they could do. They tried a test spot, but they used Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Polish and other stuff they had and couldnt seem to make any progress. The surface felt nice and smooth, like glass really. The guy recommended a light wet sand but I didn't have time that day. I thought I'd also do some more research on it first.

I'm thinking about hiring one of those detailers that basically spend the entire day taking care of the car. I don't mind spending $$$ if it gets it out.

Comment

Hmm.. not going to have a real good idea without knowing what they did.

You can certainly post over in the Detailer Wanted area, there are several members here from CA that have detailing businesses.

If you are close to Irvine, you could even go down there on a Thursday night, and get some help for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  Hmm.. not going to have a real good idea without knowing what they did.

You can certainly post over in the Detailer Wanted area, there are several members here from CA that have detailing businesses.

If you are close to Irvine, you could even go down there on a Thursday night, and get some help for free.
                  Thanks. It's really bad on the hood too. It's only visible at certain angles and it's starting to annoy me
                  Last edited by Markus Kleis; Mar 20, 2010, 01:03 PM. Reason: Edited for language - please keep it ultra family friendly :)

Comment

Here's some more pics that might be able to show you more.

- see the area inside the red circle.
                    - in this picture, it's those little marks near the nozzle. It looks like dust but it's not, it's a distortion in the paint/clear.

Pictures are kinda big. I've contacted some detailers. One might think it's down to the basecoat

I don't understand how this happened. Before this car, I had an Acura RSX that I didn't take as much care of. It was parked outside daily and nightly. Not a problem with the paint at all. It was an everyday beater. The Evo pretty much went through the same thing except I took better care of it...or so I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');