• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Greetings,

Figured it was time to stop floundering about how to properly care for the exterior of my car and learn from those who know best.

2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2010 Toyota Tacoma

Re: Newbie here

Wanted to ad:
    After some kind of staining drops splattered on my new truck, I decided to use meguiar's cleaner wax to remove them...it did exceptionally well. Of course then I noticed those areas that were just cleaned were MUCH smoother than the rest of the truck. So not I needed to clean the whole truck. I purchased a new Craftsman Orbital polisher wheel (last one just came apart while polishing truck) and continued with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. It made HUGE improvements upon a new paint job, but still noticed scattered 'dingle-berries' throughout the paint. That's when I decided to research how to properly care for a paint job and landed here.
    I've since learned the 5 step process:
    1. Wash
    2. Clay (if needed)
    3. Clean
    4. Polish
    5. Wax

Also stumbled across this 5 step process while typing this thread.

Slightly different, but similar enough.

In short, I'm leaning towards Meguiar's Deep Crystal cleaning products...any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Newbie here

Hello and welcome to mol.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');