• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the forum!

Tell me about it. They have allready confirmed all the new M's will be turbo with less displacement from now on. The next M3 is supposed to be twin turbo I6.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
      Tell me about it. They have allready confirmed all the new M's will be turbo with less displacement from now on. The next M3 is supposed to be twin turbo I6.
      Well, that would be cool! I like the V8 in the new M3... but, it would be nice to see the I6 back again.

I've noticed they are trying to get away from the "flame-surface" design as well. I'm very glad for that, as it really stepped away from BMW's famous understated design history. Their quality control wasn't the greatest between the mid-90s and early 00's... I hear it's getting better (back on par with Mercedes), so that's encouraging as well. My wife had a 00' 525iT that almost killed us. LOL
      -Jake
      Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

The new X5M and X6M are the start of the turbo powered M's. It is a twin turbo 4.4L V-8 with 555 HP and with 500 Ft Lb at just 1500 through 5600 rpm. What an engineering feat. I just a white X5M go down the road this morning. What a beast.

BMW really stepped up the quality control and rivals all the top German manufacturers now. What happened in the 525iT?
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

....What happened in the 525iT?
          The traction control kept freaking out. There were two times in the winter (Michigan) that I tried to go out into traffic from an intersection and about halfway out it would just STOP moving. They went through 3 traction computers before they found one that worked. It was weird.
          -Jake
          Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

Did you try turning off the system all together or reseting the car?

Comment

Did you try turning off the system all together or reseting the car?
              Yes. It was a problem with the computer. The car was under warranty at the time. I never had any issues at all with anything on the M5, however. It was a great car! Should have kept that one.
              -Jake

Comment

You got rid of the M5!? DOH!

Comment

Hey welcome Jake! I'm new too. I know how tough if it is to maintain black cars. I have two of them. But nothing beats black cars if they have some Nxt 2.0 on them..
                  I need some help in knowing whether certain detailing steps like pure polishing, claying,etc. are necessary for brand new black cars. Will start a new thread though. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by stamford View Post
                    Hey welcome Jake! I'm new too. I know how tough if it is to maintain black cars. I have two of them. But nothing beats black cars if they have some Nxt 2.0 on them..
                    I need some help in knowing whether certain detailing steps like pure polishing, claying,etc. are necessary for brand new black cars. Will start a new thread though. Cheers
                    Thanks for the welcome.

YES, you need to clay bar new cars (especially black) for them to be at their best. There is industrial contaminates, acid rain, and other things embedded in the paint from the car sitting on a lot.
                    -Jake

Comment

welcome
                      happy life.......

Comment

Originally posted by esldomino View Post
                        welcome
                        Thank you! Glad to be here.
                        -Jake

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');