• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have not washed my car in 8 months. It's time for change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not washed my car in 8 months. It's time for change.

Hello!

Due to school and work, my car has completely been ignored. I used to wash it, but recently have not even done that. Now I have decided to get serious about this, considering a lot of options, but I want to get it done right! I hope to get a lot of help from this forum.

Re: Have not washed my car in 8 months. It's time for change.

How to Wash Your Car Show Car Style
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

After a VERY thorough wash (it might need two, consecutively), you will want to follow with a clay bar treatment and then assess what you want to do next.

Polishing or compounding might be in order, or you can skip straight to a wax. I would suggest the very least a cleaner wax after clay due to the nature of the car's recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Alright, Just watched that video! I'll follow that method, so I need to purchase those buckets and the grit guard, the lambswool mitt, and some other towels! Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');