• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from the Upper Desert Area in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from the Upper Desert Area in CA

Hey guys ..... I am amazed at how much activity there is here!

When I started waxing cars, it was so long ago, there was no such thing as a VCR, Nintnendo, or Personal Computer ... and even James Bond had never seen or heard of a "Laptop" and he did not own a cell phone. LCD watches were not even invented then ... same for telephone answering machines. Yes ... I am old as dirt.

The first car I waxed was my Mom's 1968 VW. It was hard work to say the least. Everything was by hand. The compounds available then were difficult to work with ..... it was like slave labor to wax your car back then, although it could be done.

I eventually discovered a 3 step process that Meguiar's had come up with that was really fantastic. It was very time consuming, of course, but it was the best technology at the time. This was not a machine process .... it was an all-by-hand process ..... it was extremely effective and it was also the easiest to put on and take off.

I am not in the detailing business, but I have been the guy on the block [in my neighborhood] who is always washing or waxing my car in some way just about every weekend. I am sure all my neighbors think I am a little crazy .... but, hey, WHO has the best lookin' car around here?????

I am now retired from my "day job" of 30 years ..... so now I am detailing cars for friends .... I do maybe a few a month, plus I have 4 cars I own that I maintain.

I live in the desert and out here the climate is harsh. Seems like most people out here just do not care about their cars ..... everywhere I go in this town I see paint that is literally just burnt-off by neglect due to sun exposure.

These days I have a Porter Cable 7424 and so on .... I do not use a big rotary machine ... just my 7424 ....

So that is about it ..... I have discovered that Meguiar's offers classes .... and I plan to go to one ... you can never stop learning

Re: New from the Upper Desert Area in CA

Comment

Re: New from the Upper Desert Area in CA

Good to have you here and yes, the class will be a great experience and you will walk away with a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');