• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Meguiar's

Hi! Please help me get started. I have 2007 Honda Accord that I use daily and is parked in a carport at night. I live in Arizona where the summers are extremely hot and sun is intense. My paint is in good shape but a little dull. Please advise the steps I need to take to provide protection plus a really nice shine. Thanks for your expertise!
    Big Al

Re: New to Meguiar's

Welcome to MOL and fellow Arizonan!

You came to the right place. Meguiar's products work really great and you won't be disappointed.

Have you read through the 5 step paint care cycle of paint care Meguiar's put out? If not, please read this article to get started:
    5 Step Paint Care Cycle
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I now have read the 5 step program and it explains a lot of the questions I had. One question I still have is, how often would you wax to protect from the harsh AZ sun?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I now have read the 5 step program and it explains a lot of the questions I had. One question I still have is, how often would you wax to protect from the harsh AZ sun?
        Every Day!!!!!!

Jim

Comment

Climate dependant.

Waxing a car would also mean just a basic wash and follow up with a booster.

Booster = Quick Wax in between washes to increase/maintain protection.

Look for a bottle of Ultimate Quick Wax a good Micro Fiber Towel. Also invest in 3-4 Water Magnets as they will help drying immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            I try to wax my car approximately 4 times a year. It might be more or less depending on how lazy I get after each time I'm supposed to do it lol. You can even apply as much coats as you want. There's nothing wrong with that. Not only will your car be better protected from the harsh AZ sun but it will look good too.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');