• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi From NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From NZ

Hi guys, thought I'd say hello to everybody and thanks for the plethora of info around here.

I basically stumbled onto this site but have spent the last few days going from here to youtube and back again finding out about all the great products and how to use them.

We have just purchased another usedcar and are giving our one to the mother inlaw to drive so I thought I would get it groomed before we gave it to here. Initially I was going to get it done professionally but we only have one company in town (50 000 population) which didn't look that good so I thought I would look into grooming a a bit more and give it a go myself.

So I found myself on youtube looking at basics for grooming a car and of course found some videos on Meguiars products and my obsession has began. After watching all these videos and visiting forums I managed to find some product at the auto store but I was shocked at how expensive they were. They are great products but we are getting taken for a ride price wise over here in NZ. I think I probably dropped $130 on Meguiars products and that included product that was on clearance. For example I know Ultimate Compound costs less than $10 if I am correct in the USA, over here in NZ that same bottle costs just under $40!! You guys are so lucky to be able to get these products at such a fantastic price. NXT Tech Wax Spray.... $37 a bottle over here and it's not like this isn't a lot of money because it is. We probably pay 4 times as much as you guys do for the same product!!!.....it stinks but hey at least I have some basics now, soft gel wash, cleaner wax, uc,nxt tech spray which was enough to do the inlaws car and it was awesome.....the finish was so smooth.... I think I now have a problem, I keep looking at other cars and judging their appearance where as 4 days ago I couldn't give a rats behind....anyway I'm really enjoying learning on this forum and are looking to learn more. I want to get my hands on a clay kit ($47 over here) so I can give our new car a good welcome and 4 days ago I had never even heard of a clay bar!!!.....anyway nice to meet you all!!

Re: Hi From NZ

Welcome to MOL. Sorry to here of the pain at the cashier. I think you will find that it will be worth the money.
    BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Re: Hi From NZ

Welcome to MOL!
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');