• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in from Indy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in from Indy...

What's up guy's....

Just joined the forum and look forward in doing some lurking around here. I have a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel , black on black and looks beautiful all cleaned up. Now I consider myself quite the avid car guy so detailing a car is something that I can do well, however, the other day I left the Citadel at home for the day and returned home to find bird **** on the hood, since it was late, I left it until morning. The next day, I tried quick detail spray, followed by clay bar, followed by scratch-x and still didn't get it all out, almost looked like it etched the paint. Did a search and found a link too this site and found a thread on using scratch-x. Followed the diy instructions and was able to remove the stain. Been using this product for awhile with great results, but didn't know all the tricks too using it. The black shows everything, so I wipe it down quite often, after a couple of days using quick detailer, I rotate in a mixed solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle as a quick detail spray which works quite well too. Looking forward in trying the Ultimate Wash and Wax detailer.

Oh, my hobby car? '05 Lingenfelter Corvette, and yeah, its crazy fast.. C'ya!

Re: Checking in from Indy...

Welcome to MOL! That is quite a "hobby" car!
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Welcome to the forum from another hoosier. You avatar looks familiar. Seems I've seen it on a Lingenfelter Corvette at Indianapolis Cars and Coffee.Nice ride.
      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
      317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
        Welcome to the forum from another hoosier. You avatar looks familiar. Seems I've seen it on a Lingenfelter Corvette at Indianapolis Cars and Coffee.Nice ride.
        Yes of course, that's my car. What are you driving. Went too Artomoble in downtown Carmel yesterday, man they really had some nice car's there.

Comment

Indiana must be the only place in the world where being called a "Hoosier" is a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by gsaintchar View Post
            Yes of course, that's my car. What are you driving. Went too Artomoble in downtown Carmel yesterday, man they really had some nice car's there.
            I have a 2002 Firebird (red) convt. I saw the ad for the Carmel show but had a birthday party to attend.
            Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Kornercarver View Post
              Indiana must be the only place in the world where being called a "Hoosier" is a compliment.
              I guess you just have to have lived here all of ones life to understand. GO IU ! ! !

317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Kornercarver View Post
                uhhh...you'd be right about that. Although, speaking for myself, not the kind of compliment I would respond too.

Comment

I also had a stubborn scratch on the hood of the Citadel that I tried to get out with a more abrasive rubbing compound, it was one of those scratches that you could only see in the right light and angle, of course on black, I saw it more often than not. Ended up, I lighten the scratch but had small swirls in the paint around it.

So, again I used ScratchX and the massage technique used as described in the DIY that Mike Phillips used posted on the forum. I used 12 passes, each at a different angle and was able to remove all the swirl marks and 95% of the scratch. I then sealed the area with the Ultimate Polish and then Wax. Now I have too look exceptionally hard to even find it. Great Stuff I would rather wipe down my car than wash it, so today purchased some of the Ultimate Wash and Wax. If this saves me 2 trips to the car wash, it will have paid for itself

Comment

The term Hoosier came about back about 1825-30. At that time it was not used in a derogatory way. Over time a large segment stiil use this term in a positive way. If others choose to clump this in with hillbilly , backward or other negative descriptions then so be it. I have always tried to not put groups of people into such classifications.

317-513-4678

Comment

If you would like to try a da or any other of the Meguiars compounds or pads, feel free to pm me and I would be glad to bring some samples to C&C.

317-513-4678

Comment

Isn't there a brand of tires called Hoosier? Well there is over here anyway - only seen a couple.

OP welcome BTW!!
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

If you would like to try a da or any other of the Meguiars compounds or pads, feel free to pm me and I would be glad to bring some samples to C&C.
                          Paul...thanks for the offer, may take you up on that, pretty well stocked at the moment, more than enough product, not enough time to use it. Question though, would you use a more aggresive pad with the polish or foam pad?

Comment

Not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking about a foam da pad or a small hand application pad ? The small hand pad can be used with any compound. The compound will dictate how aggressive the paint correction is. Since purchasing my first da yrs ago I could never go back to doing it by hand again. On a da or rotary , many combinations can be created by using various pads and compounds. Trial and error will help you dial in the correct combo for whatever task you have at hand. Example .. While using a microfiber cutting pad and D300 you notice you need more cut.You can move up M105 with the same pad. Still not enough cut.... might switch to a Surbuf pad but go back to the D300 and so on. If this doesn't cover your question then feel free to contact me on the number in my signature.

317-513-4678

Comment

Thanks again Paul, I've got your number if I have further questions, and yeah your answer helps out.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');