• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up from New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up from New York

Hello,

I recently bought a 69 camaro with hugger orange paint and black z28 stripes. The paint job is so so. There are some sags and overspray but it is laid on pretty flat. The paint needs a good detailing. Ive already clay barred it and now I am looking for a good polishing system. The previous owner only ever used polish on the paint, never waxed it. This has left many swirl marks and a few deeper scratches. Also the black stripes appear hazy. The paint job is at least 10 plus years old. I can only estimate because the guy I bought the car from got it with the current paint job. I definitely want the da polisher from meguiars but not sure on what compounds and polishes to use. I have read some great reviews on the ultimate compound. Maybe follow it with ultimate polish. Ive only ever waxed my vehicles so this is new to me. Thanks for reading and look forward to learning from everyone.

Re: What's up from New York

That's a beautiful car and congrats! I am totally jealous!

UC finishes up pretty nice on its own and most times on my black car, it really didn't require a follow up with UP.
    However, if you get a bit too aggressive with UC, UP follow up will be necessary.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Re: What's up from New York

Welcome to MOL!
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Welcome to MOL. What part of NY?
        Is the paint single stage or bc/cc?

I wish Meg's made a better DA, IMO Griots is the best DA out there right now.

This thread should help you get started .

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?37320-Meguiar-s-5-Step-Paint-Care-Cycle-Updated!

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');