• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars APC and ASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars APC and ASD

I had a chance to use both of these products last weekend. I was very impressed by the results that each product gave me. I used the APC as a pretreat for the cloth and carpet in a 92 F-250. I also sprayed it on the door panels and dash and just watched the dirt and oil buildup run off.
    I used the ASD on all of the exterior trim and the tires. It has a very oily consistency (speads very easily and a little goes a long way) that does a nice job of darkening the faded trim and the excess buffs off nicely. It also smells awesome, better than a lot of the aftershaves on the market. I'm very satisfied with the new detailer line, even though I only do a few cars a month.
    I'm going to try the wheel brightener and super degreaser next and will be sure to add my comments when I get a chance to use them.

Thanks for the info. What kind of shine does ASD leave? have you tried ASD on anything else besides the trim? Does ASD run when after a wash or rain?

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

When you first put it on, it's fairly glossy, but if you buff the excess off with a rag it leaves a nice sheen. I was really surprised how little you have to use, it spreads very nicely. I put it on my tires as well, and it looks great after a 200 mile drive back to college. I'll get some pics sometime this week.

Comment

Thanks. One last question (famous last words) is ASD dilutable?

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I haven't tried, the spray bottle doesn't have any dilution ratios on it. I don't know whether or not it is water based, that is probably a question better suited for Mike. I think the best bet if you are looking for a dilutable dressing is meg's hyper dressing. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

ASD is ready to use (no dilution).

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Got a chance to take a picture of one of the tires i treated with ASD, I really like the way it looks still.

Comment

Hey,

Nice write-up travisdecpn!

Meguiar's All Season Dressing is solvent based and is ready to be used right out of the container. I have used a lot of the product and have come to really love it on tires, and exterior plastic. The key is to apply it fairly heavy and leave it sit for a good 5 minutes. Then come back with a dedicated MF towel and remove any excess.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

What is APC and ASD?

Comment

APC = All Purpose Cleaner

ASD = All Season Dressing

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');