• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advise for #7,#20,#26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise for #7,#20,#26

Hi Everyone,
    I use for a long time (since 2005) the combination of #20 topped with #26.
    A friend of mine said that the combination #7 topped with #26 gives a reacher look.
    So witch combination looks better ?
    - combination 1: #7 first and then #26?
    - combination 2: #20 first and then #26?
    - combination 3: first use Hand Polish (M 8132) (in stock) , #7 then #26?
    -combination 4: first use Hand Polish (M 8132) (in stock) , #20 then #26?
    - combination 5: Any other suggestion?

My car is silver so the differences betewen the above combinations will be the minimum.Also I live near the sea (about 100m) so i need full protection for the coulor ( I wax every 4-5 months). Also I do not give up using #26.

Thank you

Re: Need advise for #7,#20,#26

81 and 7 wont be that different, esp for you.

I think you would be deciding between:
    #81, #26, #26
    or
    #20, #26

#20 is a bit of a cleaner, wax, so I think a polish before would be a bit of a waste.

Do you do any claying, cleaning steps?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I honestly do not think you will see a difference on your silver car by adding #7. And it is quite possible that it will negatively impact the durability of your wax, which is a concern, given that you live near the seashore and you only wax every four months or so. If it were me, I'd stick with the 20/26 combo.

Another option is to top #20 with, say, Ultimate Wax. I like to use synthetic sealants on silver-like cars. UW should also give you excellent durability and protection. Just a thought.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Thank you for your answers.
        No, I don't use clay to clean. But I wash twice my car before wax and I use a car cover to protect it.
        Also I prefer carnauba than synthetic sealants.
        Also using #20 the #26 and at the end Ultimate Wax it will be a waste for the last. ( I think).

So, i think that it is better to stick on #20 and #26

Comment

I would certainly be thinking about claying.

And if not doing any other cleaning, #20 is also a good thing to use.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by dikat View Post
            Also using #20 the #26 and at the end Ultimate Wax it will be a waste for the last. ( I think).
            I agree. I would never top #26 with Ultimate Wax. I was thinking, rather, of topping #20 with UW. But if you prefer carnauba wax on your silver car, then #26 is the way to go.

Another combination you might want to consider: #20 topped with Gold Class Carnauba Plus.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');