• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 Benz Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Benz Before and After

Well, I don't know if this actually qualifies for "Extreme" makeover, but if you saw the car before and after, you might agree. If you saw the car before and after, you would most definately see a big improvement. The camera I am using doesn't show how bad the original paint was or how good the new paint looks now.

I did some mechanical work and got the car running in tip top shape. I figured that a car that runs so well should have an exterior that matches. I started by rubbing a small area with Scratch X, and was immediately hooked by the results. I purchased a PC buffer, DC stage 1 and 2, and #26 wax for the finish. After a handwashing and claybarring, I went to work. Here are the results:

Before

After

Excellent!

Comment

Thanks a bunch!! The reason that the third pic (trunk) is out of focus is because I couldn't get the bottle to sit on the trunk unless I held it there. It would just slide right off!! The reflection of the houses in the background speaks volumes of how nice it turned out.

Comment

Wow Nice Work! Are you tired?
        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

did you change the wheels between the before and after pic? because they really dont look the same at all
          Lancer Evolution VIII
          I4T

Comment

he changed the wheels. looks like the wheels in the first pic are acutally "snow" tires for the winter.

that MB looks grand!
            2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Yes, the wheels are different. Snow tires are definately required on the ride. 1 rear wheel is easy to spin on icy pavement. I work with the guy who sold me the car. He's gonna freak out when he sees it!! Got it for a song and a dance.

Comment

Excellent recovery!
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Great work I'm sure your friend who sold it to you want's it back now.

Comment

He talks of the car more than I. I did promise him that if I were to ever sell it that I would give him the opportunity to buy it back (with a slight price increase.) I'm just enjoying the car so much that I really have no intentions of selling it. It's nice to have a sweet ride and no monthly car payment. The car is just so impressively well built.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');