• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dual light you guys are referring to is this one...

is that the going price $30?
    with the xenon bulb, that's what will reveal the fine swirls, etc.?
    is there another way to use a handheld light to spot those area's?
    what other methods can be used. this is done outside not inside a garage.
    thanks.

Comment

I am not sure what other lights will work. I have my xenon and I am happy.

It saved us today. What have a customer that owns a very dark blue Acura that had really bad swirls and scratches.

Today was very overcast and the swirls wern't visable until we shined the xenon on the finish. See -----

We polished the whole car and checked our progress each panel at a time until the whole car was nearly perfect. See the difference in this pic-

Here is a pic of the completely polished hood --

If we didn't have a xenon we would be working blind.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Joe what was temp that day? And how often do you change pads with 83 kind of cold here and product is gumming up any tricks or tips?

Comment

We were in Mid to upper 70s.

I never have had a gumming problem with 83.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Awesome job! How did you get the undercarriage looking so good? I think doing a 4wd vehicle would take more time to do?

Comment

Wow, I cant believe I missed this thread.... Nice job Joe.... Hope you had a step ladder... lol.... Some one asked what to consider sidewall on the tire or not... What I do in cases like that is make sure to hit a good ammount on to the tread of the tire (dont go crazy lol) this way ones the truck starts driving it will make a nice crisp even line of shine... lol Also, my Brinkmann light only has one xenon bulb, the other is and LED which also does a good job believe it or not... Especially when in darker conditions....
              Rangerpowersports.com
              Ranger72

Comment

Re: Monster Shine

OK here is a post form 4 years ago. I guess this is back when a write up consisted of a few before and after pics.

Now a write up isn't complete without 30 pics of swirl marks, a few dozen of the person in the pic actually doing the work ( a few pics of a wash mitt and or brush in their hand) and another couple hundred of the after pics!

I think the write ups done now are awfully too long.

Comment

yea they seem to be awfully too long, but they do give awfully great information and imagination too.. hehe
                  Ganesa,
                  Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

A mirror on wheels!

Excellent work SS.

I'll need to get a hold of one of thos lamps.

Comment

Wow that looks great nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                        OK here is a post form 4 years ago. I guess this is back when a write up consisted of a few before and after pics.

Now a write up isn't complete without 30 pics of swirl marks, a few dozen of the person in the pic actually doing the work ( a few pics of a wash mitt and or brush in their hand) and another couple hundred of the after pics!

Very true..Keep it simple.If it's too long,you skip a lot in order to get to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post

Another point here SS. Too many pics of scratches is annoying. One resolve here,would be a reduction in the size of the pics.I've noticed that a lot of pics that have the same meaning,could be reduced and grouped into a box of four.This is really easy to do with an art program,like the free one that I use called Artweaver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                            The nature of light colors is that they don't offer the ability to reflect images well, they offer no depth. Yes you can get objects to reflect out of white paint, but not anywhere near what you can get with black or dark colred paints.

Next time your around a new white car, (perhaps the next time you at a new car dealership), and hold you hand or some object next to the paint and look at the reflected image, then try this with a new black car. You'll see the difference in ability right away and this is with brand new paint.

Its the nature of the color.

Heres my white dog in white paint!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');