• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black BMW Z4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black BMW Z4

I had the chance to work on a BMW Z4 with a good friend of mine. We started a little before 11, and proceeded to work until about 3 o'clock. The car was only a wee 17,000 miles old, and it was well taken care of. I could tell that it still had wax on it, and there were few swirls on it, just some scratches from the constant everyday grind and occasional flying dust.

We started with the wheels, washed with APC mixed with some Gold Class Shampoo, and then used a sponge to clean the wheels. Aside from some minor curb rash, the wheels turned out great. We put some NXT Liquid Wax on them and then set off on the rest of the car.

We used a Versa- Angle Body Brush and Gold Class Shampoo, it did a wonder in removing dirt and grime, car looked ready to go, but we still had some work to do.

I broke out the G100 and investigated the swirls. There were very few, so I used #80 to get about 80% of them off, and because I wanted to use the least agressive method for removal, so I had my friend go back and remove the deeper scratches with Scratch-X.

I found the paint to be hard, which is a nice contrast to the usual I encounter. We were able to remove 95% of the swirls, and we agreed to move onto waxing.

We used #21 as our primary LSP. #21 added significant depth and gloss that is hard to come by, and is unmatched by any other product. I dont believe I have seen this much depth in color in a car. And just for kicks, we threw some #16 on the hood for added protection... Its proably going to rain in about an hour or so in Dallas.

Anyways enjoy the pictures.

awsome job!
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Hey Rimz,

Nice clean reflections! And I really like the angle you chose for your photos.....(just get that vacuum hose out of the way). lol.
      2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
      2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
      1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

I bet some #7 and #26 would look stunning on it

nice job

Comment

Thanks guys, Appricate the kind remarks.

Yeah we forgot to remove the hose hehe.

We went out later, right before it rained, and snapped a few really nice photographs in the West Side of Plano. If anyone knows Plano, TX, this is very nice part of town. Excuse the grainyness of some of the photos, my camera stinks.

This one is by far the coolest picture of them all. I'm using this for my desktop now.

Comment

Rimz,
            I actually really like the third photo, car with lights on and the sun in the trees behind.
            BTW, that house his awesome!!
            But all the photo setups look good. You have a good eye for shooting.
            2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
            2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
            1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

great job!!
              BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

i think thats the coolest pic
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');