• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saab Perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab Perfection

On Tuesday, I picked up my 92' Saab 900S. I was quite dissapointed in the condition of the paint after handing the check over. I thought that I would just have to live with it, I was wrong!

First a little histroy. The car was originally purchased in TN. Then it was sold in 94' to a neighbor who lived down the road from the 1st owner. A few years later, the new owners daughter need a college car. She drove it from 40K to 150k. It saw AL, VA, TN, and finally VT for the past 2 years. It has pretty much all the service records and paper work..The car has never been hit and all paint and glass are original..The fenderwells where never undercoated and suprisingly rust free down to the suspension components.

My steps..

1. DC wash
    2. Quik Clay (most improvment) Took a night and a morning.
    3. DC Paint Cleaner
    4. DC Polish
    5 2 coats NXT (liquid)

Before

After

It's still not a 100% perfect from damage caused from pine pitch and bird dropping but it's a 100% improvement. I never thought the car would clean up so well..

In total my father and I spent about 2 days on the paint. Claying took the longest, but was the biggest improvment. I can guarantee my 14year old paint is smoother than some new cars sitting on the lots..

Unfortunatley, the camera doesn't do it justice, but it does show improvement..

I'm very impressed with Meguiars products and will continue to use them and encourage other to do so as well!

Hope you enjoyed

looks great !
    good job
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

good job

Comment

The paint looks good, probably much better in reality. I have a silver metallic car my self and it's very hard to make it look good on picture(or is it in picture, excuse my english ) It might look even better if you dress the trim and tires though.

Comment

Thanks!

Yea the tires were never cleaned or dressed b/c they are pretty shot (won't pass inspection) and are going to be replaced this weekend. At that time I'll throughly clean the wheels inside and out..

I'm very happy with my results..

Comment

Looks good

That black/gray trim looks in fairly good shape as well... Did you dress it at all?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
              Looks good

That black/gray trim looks in fairly good shape as well... Did you dress it at all?
              Call me a bad man, after claying I used Mothers back to black on the trim and bumpers..It showed some improvment but likes to leave streaks if you apply too much..

I would like to give Megs Trim Detailer a try but I have found no one around here selling it..

Comment

Well, you can always order online, Meguiars and Autodetailingsoultions.com seem to work best.

However, for a store in your area, you can also read this.

How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown

There are a lot of exterior trim detailers to try. The Gold Class Trim Detailer, All Season Dressing, Hyper Dressing, Water Based Dressing, and maybe some I missed. A PBE store in your area should have at least one of them, or they can order whatever you need.

And many PBE stores carry at least some Consumer Line products as well.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

great turnaround!!!

Pat
                  I want to go to work in my quick dries

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');