• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 WRX STI - Metallic Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 WRX STI - Metallic Black

This was a job id been meaning to do for a long time. The problem was that this car had a small dent in its rear door as part of an accident. The panel beating company gave the doors a buff and left buff marks behind. From further discussion with the owner it seemed to be partly because of dirty equipment and poor technique. Given the poor weather at the moment i wasnt able to take before photos (we washed in the rain) It was straight into the garage where we dried it off and began the correction process together. The owner is a very particular customer and i wanted to make sure he was part of the process so he had correct knowledge of how to maintain this beautiful finish. [list=1][*]NXT Wash and chammois dry[*]clay bar paint using Final Inspection[*]tape off car (mental note only use 3M tape) [*]#80 on bonnet and rear doors with Porter Cable x 2[*]#7 by hand[*]1 x coat of NXT left to sit over night[*]another coat of NXT the next morning[*]remove NXT and masking tape[*]Gold Class trim detailer on all exterior trim & door rubbers[*]polish door jambs[*]Plast-X on head lights[*]clay and Polish all windows with #80[*]clay wheels using final inspection[*]pull car outside to inspect .. microfibres only used to remove all products

over all 15 hours over 2 days.
    I'm assured this is the best this car has look [/list=1]

heres a small video the owner took with my phone
    you will need quicktime installed to view it

NB: the wheel arches and tyres wont be done until tomorrow to ensure it looks its best before the charity cruise.
    Last edited by SprintKing; May 5, 2006, 03:05 AM.
    All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Nice work...

Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Very nice!

"I'll be happy to work on your STi, sir. But I'll, uh, need it overnight though..."

Stu

Comment

i'm kinda new to this but it looks like there's some hazing in the picture where the light is shining on the car. Perhaps the polish wasn't worked in enough?

Comment

Nice car and work
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by rsa
            Very nice!

"I'll be happy to work on your STi, sir. But I'll, uh, need it overnight though..."

Stu
            ya, so i could take off early and take my evo for a drive all night
            Lancer Evolution VIII
            I4T

Comment

Awesome results there nice to see some South Australian Skills on the board.

Comment

thankyou all
                today the car had another thin coat of nxt and wheels done
                i will post pics when i get a few extra moments

as for the hazing .. that was taken inside under lights. we moved it outside to help see any bits of nxt that werent removed properly .. as the owner passionatley displays here That was one such spot. The paint came out flawlessly.
                Last edited by SprintKing; May 5, 2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

looks good mate

but i thought that leaving wax over night didn't dramitically improve the results.

or does it?

i mean i've read tons saying not to but some people believe in it?

Comment

imo i believe it gives a better result
                    having said that - rarely do i get the chance to let a coat of wax setup over night. At the very least it gives you a rest from looking at the car so you can look at it the next day with a fresh set of eyes should you have any work left to do.

The best thing i can suggest is to try a system that works for you & go out and perform it with confidence because in your eyes you know it works.

Comment

bah - looks like my domain name has expired.

i will transfer these pictures to MOL for now whilst i go re-register

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');