• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first 5 step job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first 5 step job

I did my first 5 step job the other day on my friends 2000 S10 ZR2 and the results were AMAZING!! I couldn't believe the difference. The color is like a beige, titanium for lack of a better description, and it was extremely dull and I thought there was going to be no way it would shine. Those colors are hard to get to look good anyway. Here's what I used.

I started with NXT wash then afterwards I used Smooth Surface clay. Here is a pic of the clay after only doing 1/4 of the hood if that tells you anything about the condition of the paint.

The claying made a big difference already, made the paint smooth as glass and already made it more glossy.

Then I got the PC out and used #83 with a 8006 pad, followed with #80 on a 8006, and topped off with NXT paste on a 9006 pad. I just couldn't believe my eyes, after each step the finish got deeper and more glossy. I didn't even realize there was so much metallic flake in the paint until I was done. It looked like the flake was suspended in liquid like you could see actual layers of flake.

Sorry about the quality of the pix, but my phone only has a 2 megapixel camera. The pic kinda gives you an idea but doesn't do it justice. Check out the reflections in these.

As far as the rest, I used HD on all the wheel wells, tires, engine compartment and used GC Trim Detailer on the plastic.

Not really a good pic of the engine but I ran out of time, had to go to my main job. All in all, the results were fantastic!! I never thought that paint could have such depth. My friend has told me every day since I did it Saturday how much he loves the way it came out. These products are great and so is this forum, this is where I learned it all, thanks!!

Mike
    Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
    ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

looks good.

did you do the bed liner as well?

Comment

GREAT JOB !!!....fun isn't it ??
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig
          looks good.

did you do the bed liner as well?
          Yes, I forgot to mention that. It has a spray in liner that was very faded and "dry" looking. Used HD on it and it looked great!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
            GREAT JOB !!!....fun isn't it ??
            Thanks! Yes it is fun! I've always enjoyed detailing my cars so it just seemed natural to start a side business doing others.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');