• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Porsche Boxster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Porsche Boxster

[Originally posted on www.rennteam.com ]

This last weekend, while I was waiting for the engine to be replace in my Porsche 911/997, a friend of mine allowed me to detail her Porsche Boxster (987).

From this photo using a Brinkman light, you can see the surface defects:

The first thing was to wash the car, I started with the wheels and then did the rest of the car.

I use the 5 bucket method to wash the car. The normal two buckets plus a separate bucket for the wheels and two buckets for the MF towels. The Meguiar's MFs get a separate bucket and are never in contact with the lesser grade MFs. The Meguiar's MFs are the only MFs that come in contact with the paint.

The car was then clayed using G1016 Smooth Surfaceâ„¢ Clay Kit.

Afterwards, the car was taped.

After the car was clayed, then Meguiar's #83 DACP with a W8006 pad on a DA was applied. By this time, it was 9:30PM and I had already put in 10 hours and I ran out of my Meguiar's MFs so I called it a night. Here is the hood reflection after #83 was applied.

The next morning with newly washed and dried MFs, I then applied Meguiar's #80 followed by two coats of Meguiar's #26 Hi Tech wax.

Here is the finished results:

I attended the Meguiar's Wednesday Open Garage on getting some tips to improve the gloss of the paint. This next weekend, I will apply Meguiar's #66 using a W9006 pad on a DA and then follow with Meguiar's NXT wax. I will do a follow up later. The shine is great but I want to get a Superior Shine.

Comment

Nice pictures and nice work!

2 questions:

1) Did you remove all swirls and scratches and how many times u used the #83? Only 1 time on each area?

2) Which speedsetting of pc did you use?

regards

Thomas

Comment

The boxster looks good.

This last weekend, while I was waiting for the engine to be replace in my Porsche 911/997
        Dare I ask why your engine needed to be replaced on such a new car.
        '04 6s 5-door / '05 Acura MDX

Comment

Originally posted by Tuningfreak
          Nice pictures and nice work!

2 questions:

1) Did you remove all swirls and scratches and how many times u used the #83? Only 1 time on each area?

2) Which speedsetting of pc did you use?

regards

Thomas
          Other than the swirls, the car was in great shape. The Boxster paint was easy to work with. I only need to make one pass with the #83. When removing the product from the car, the paint was scratch resistant. I used a speed setting of 5 on the DA when using #83.

Comment

Originally posted by superswamper
            The boxster looks good.

Dare I ask why your engine needed to be replaced on such a new car.
            Something broke lose inside. It was one of those rare events. The engine broke on a Friday, a new engine was delivered to the dealer Monday morning, the car was running by Monday night. I picked it by Tuesday morning. It took less time to replace the engine than to get a replacement tire earlied in the year.

Comment

! the before pics are ultra bad! looks much much better now great job!
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');