• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Ford Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Ford Focus

I recently purchased a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. The car is in great shape overall:

but definitely in need of some TLC:

About 1 week after I purchased it I did a quick clay bar and ColoRx to add a little protection. Two weeks after that, I performed the "major" detailing required to get the surface closer to my likings

Process included:

Wash w/ NXT soap
    #83 x 2 w/ PC
    # 80 w/ PC
    #21 x 2 w/ PC
    PlastX on lights
    ASD on tires
    NXT glass cleaner

Although I was not able to remove all of the scratches that I could see, the finish certainly looks better:

It was overcast on the day of the after pics, so direct sun shots were unavailable.
    Last edited by mike_svt; Sep 19, 2006, 10:41 AM. Reason: Forgot the wash step!
    1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Re: 2003 Ford Focus

Looks good!

New wheels and tires also?
    Brian

Comment

looks much better than when you picked it up.....i like that color blue...nice job on the detail..
      RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
        Looks good!

New wheels and tires also?
        The wheels in the after shots are stock SVT wheels. He must have a set of winter tires and wheels or something.
        You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Awesome! You did the job?? WIth what machine??
          Is that USA, because the license plate, its very similar to the one that we have in Argentina.

Comment

Good work! I never noticed before but those are nice looking little cars.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
              The wheels in the after shots are stock SVT wheels. He must have a set of winter tires and wheels or something.
              Yes, the wheels were my first "mod" on my "I'm not going to mod this" car

I also own a Contour SVT which I have added new wheels/tires to, so the stock rims were just sitting around waiting to be used! Fortunately, the Contour and Focus share the same bolt pattern so it was a straight forward upgrade.
              1999 Ford Contour SVT
              Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
              1966/2760

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');