• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Z28, first showoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Z28, first showoff

Here are a few pics of my 1997 Z28.

They arent the highest quality pics, i'm not sure how to get better shots with the digital, i guess i have some reading to do.

The results i obtained were from Meguiar's Deep Crystal #1 and #2, followed by Gold Class liquid. I also used Meguiar's aerosol tire shine. On the interior i used Meg's Leather Conditioner/Cleaner.

I don't have closeup before photos, but the paint was in average condition for a 9 year old car, minor swirls all over, some water spots, etc.

Here is what it looks like after the Meg's products:

Here is a closeup with the flash on, i was very pleased that all of my swirls and light scratches were removed with the Deep Crystal System.

Here is a reflection shot, the small circular "blemishes" are actually just rain drops.

Re: My Z28, first showoff

Very nice red... Looks great and well kept. Was it all done by hand?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

yes it was. good deal of work, but well worth it in the end.

I could've used my dad's sears R/O buffer, but i don't like it much.

Comment

Originally posted by drcZ28 View Post
        yes it was. good deal of work, but well worth it in the end.

I could've used my dad's sears R/O buffer, but i don't like it much.
        nice the red looks really deep and bright!! get a tripod and youll pics will come out even better! how many coats do u use?
        www.CustomDetailer.com

Comment

i use one application of dc1, and dc2, then 2 coats of gold class.

One thing i like to do between steps is to lightly buff with a terry cloth or microfiber, and then repeat with a clean towel, using quik detailer.

it seems to minimize all the smearing and such.

It cuts down on time because it allows me to basically work straight through without waiting for anything but the wax at the end.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');