• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed: 1993 240SX Drift Show Car (1/64th Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed: 1993 240SX Drift Show Car (1/64th Style)

While at home today, I was cleaning out my truck and brought my sample sized bottles in for refilling. The client of this car (my 5 year old son) came up to me with this in his hand.
    "Daddy, this the shiniest one I have. Can you wax and buff it for me like those big cars you do?" was what I heard.
    My eyes watered up and I said, "Heck ya boy!"

Here's the process:

Washed with Dawn
    (Used bathroom sink and terry wash cloth. I was assisted by my son. Do not give me slack about using it!)
    No claying was needed. I guess I could have used a pencil eraser. Dryed with wife's hairdryer.

Meguiar's #80
    (Used terry washcloth)
    After my son's inspection, no major flaws were noticed. I just wanted to amp up the finish. There had to be 2 coats of clear on this beast. Polished out nice.

Meguiar's #26 "X3"
    (Used yet another terry washcloth)
    I let the client get involved here. He spread it evenly (sure) and out of the seams (yeah sure). We let it dry for 5 minutes and then removed with lots of heat (by breathing into the cloth) and speed. We did this for a total of 3 times. I could not believe the depth added. Simply a wet finish. The metal flake was amazing and clear. A winning wax for all cars and now tiny ones!

Other products used....
    No other products were used except time and love.

I hope you all like this. I had fun doing it with my son and writing it. It was done in humor and fun. A nice way to spend Christmas Eve morning!!!!

Some nice afters.......

Not many times that I get to do an top shot!

The flake pop shot....

For scale purposes....

Reflection shot. I'm in there!.....
    www.clean4udetailing.com

Re: Detailed: 1993 240SX Drift Show Car (1/64th Style)

Enjoy every moment you can with that client because before you know it the grandchildren will be the clients and you will wonder where the time went.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
    317-513-4678

Comment

Well, give me some time and I'll post up my ferrari. I'm thinking ScratchX, #7 and #16 though.
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
      2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

how about the interior?
        before u rev em up, shine em up!

Comment

nice
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

LoL! awesome flakes there!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');