• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sold!

Well Kman got me started on the right foot last weekend getting all the swirls out of my car. This was my first experience with Meguiars products and after seeing what a DA, 83, 80 and 26 can do I was pretty much sold. Ordered my DA and various pads the next day.

Well today Keith helped me again with updating the rear filler panel on my Trans Am. I sanded the plastic down with 2000 grit to remove the old silk screened badging that it came with. We then used a few passes of 83 and 80 on a 8006 pad to remove the sanding and polish it up to a great shine. Then we applied the new decals and waxed the panel with some Gold Class Liquid Wax than I randomly had in my closet for a long time.

Then we polished up my tail lights because they had some harsh scratches and some other marks. We used a few passes of 83 and 80 and then the Gold Class Liquid Wax. Looks absolutely fantastic!

Now, being as I was a hardcore Zaino user for a long time, Keith and I wanted to put a coat of the Zaino Z5 Swirl Remover and see how it compared to the 26 we applied the week before. Well I have to say that everything about the Meguiars was better. The product prep, application, removal and final look of the car was much better with the Meguiars. I'm sold on Meguiars!!! Anyway, on with the pics!!!

My Black Firehawk and Keith's Medium Maroon Metallic Z28

2002 Black Trans Am Firehawk M6 #1335
    1 of 318
    343rwhp / 354rwtq

Re: I'm sold!

looks great! i agree with you on megs, their products will always be in my arsenal...

Comment

Jonathan, glad I was able to help today!

That's so awesome the 83 and 80 worked on the plastic.

I'm not here to bash other companies products, but I thought the other wax we used (without naming names) was confusing. Mixing the polish with a few drops of this other stuff and then shaking it up, just to get a shine that was the same, maybe even duller than the #26.

Meguiar's makes so many products I think the majority of the people get confused and buy the wrong product. Most will buy a cleaner wax, put it on and take it off and think they are done. They don't know about clay bars, polishes, and waxes.

And then you have the people on other forums who swear by so and so companies wax just because everyone on that forum uses it.

I have used a lot of waxes and I still keep coming back to Meguiars.
      /Keith
      2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

WOW the shine on there is just incredible!! Beautiful pictures!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Meguiar's!

Comment

Nice work!

But I am a bit confused, i thought that for remouving sanding marks you need a rotary with m85/m84, so that with the DA Polischer and M83 its getting better but not perfekt!?! Have you got maybe some pics of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Uros View Post
            Nice work!

But I am a bit confused, i thought that for remouving sanding marks you need a rotary with m85/m84, so that with the DA Polischer and M83 its getting better but not perfekt!?! Have you got maybe some pics of that?
            We used 2000 grit sandpaper so the 83 worked well along with 80.
            /Keith
            2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uros View Post
              Nice work!

It was ALMOST all the fine marks out. Since it is a perfectly black plastic panel, you look at it wrong and a fine swirl will appear. We did do one pass of a 3M product, but I don't think it was necessary. I think we could have done fine with 83. We did a good number of passes with a fair amount of pressure.
              1 of 318
              343rwhp / 354rwtq

Comment

nice cars.... great work, looks amazing

Comment

Great job. you guys do good work together! Glad to see another convert to the wonderful world of Megs. Keep up the good work.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                    1 of 318
                    343rwhp / 354rwtq

Comment

This is like NEW! great transformation compared with initial post!
                      Fantastic job to resurrect the Fire in the Hawk!
                      Progress is perverting an perfectly good idea!

Comment

Even as a die hard Ford man, I'll have to give you props for a great looking ride!
                        2003 Mach 1
                        Azure Blue
                        5 speed/IUP
                        2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                        KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Kman View Post
                          .... I thought the other wax we used (without naming names) was confusing. Mixing the polish with a few drops of this other stuff and then shaking it up, just to get a shine that was the same, maybe even duller than the #26.
                          Gee....Let me think.....Which brand could that be?

"Damn it Jim. I'm a detailer, not a chemist!"
                          Deforest Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by STG View Post
                            Gee....Let me think.....Which brand could that be?

"Damn it Jim. I'm a detailer, not a chemist!"
                            Deforest Kelly
                            Hmm...let me think.
                            /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Thanks for all the praise!
                              1 of 318
                              343rwhp / 354rwtq

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');