• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woody Wagon, '49 Mercury: Surfboards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody Wagon, '49 Mercury: Surfboards???

This was a unique detail and all it really needs are a couple of surfboards poking out the back. A friend had this woody down getting some interior work done and wanted it detailed. See for yourself. This an exceptional car on top of being very well built. It is a numbers matching 1949 Woody Wagon with all original drivetrain. Read that as numbers matching flathead V8 and overdrive transmission. It has been completely restored (frame off). The wood is outstanding mahogony and maple. '49 Mercury Woody Wagons, not as nice as this one have gone through the auctions for over $100K. I'm proud of the way the detail turned out.

Process included DACP, #7, #16x2

Bubba
    98 Chevy Xtended Cab (Supercharged)
    69 Camaro
    57 Chevy
    01 Suburban (wife-mobile)

Re: Woody Wagon, '49 Mercury: Surfboards???

Absolutely stunning! Great work on the car.

Comment

The reflection shots of the hood are unbelievable. Great work. I bet this was a fun detail to do.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

WOW! Looks great! Did you do anything to the wood, is it clear coated?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Bubba sweet job on the Woody...really came out nice..how are those pads and backing plate working out i sold ya? keep up the good work...Rocco
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

That looks unbelievable!! What an INCREDIBLE job!!

Comment

Thanks guys.

GB, the wood was redone completely, actually I should say replaced. A real craftsman in the detroit area completed the job. There is a clear coating of some sort on the wood, I'm not sure exactly what it is. I hit it with some #7 and some #16 and that's it. The mahogany looks wet, I was impressed.

Rocco, I used the backing plate and a couple of the pads from you on this job. Yellow on the DACP and cream on the #7 and #16. They worked great, thanks.

I see lots of 'vettes, bimmers, 'cedes and such on this site and others, I just thought this one was a little unique. Thanks for all the comments.

We've been trying to concentrate mainly on show cars and haven't broken into the "high end" street car set yet. I'll post some more of the more interesting jobs we've done.
              Bubba
              98 Chevy Xtended Cab (Supercharged)
              69 Camaro
              57 Chevy
              01 Suburban (wife-mobile)

Comment

WOW! you turned the clock on this one! Amazing!
                Progress is perverting an perfectly good idea!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');