• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX5 boot/trunk lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX5 boot/trunk lid

Decided to try a bit more deswirling on the Mazda today, as the boot lid is the bit that annoys me the most thought I'd start there.

I took off the luggage rack thing and IPA'd the boot lid, then masked up the sides.
    Decided to 2500 grit wet sand it first as alot of the marks were quite deep, then Megs #83 via a Megs wool pad (speed 1500 rpm (speed 3)which removed most of the sanding marks very easily.
    Then it was Megs #83 via a Megs Cutting Pad (speed 3).
    Then Megs #80 via a Megs Polishing Pad (speed 3).
    Then Megs #80 via a Megs Finishing Pad to refine the finish (speed 2).

then a spray of Megs APC (10:1) to remove the residue from the bits I couldnt reach, an IPA wipe down to remove everything.
    Then waxed.

Now I'd say that I got about 60-70% of the marks out which is quite bad for what I did, might have been easier if My Megs #84 had turned up, but to be honest I'm not going to risk anymore on the 16 year old paint.

One day I'll get it 100%, but for now it'll just be cleaned and waxed

Anyway onto the photos:

Before

After sanding and Wool pad:

After Megs #83 & #80

And in direct-ish sunlight

Re: MX5 boot/trunk lid

thats pretty impressive work considering how it was before.. amazin resultss keep it up and yeah be carefull there. ahha.
    02 Ford F250 Super Duty
    International T444E 7.3L Diesel
    Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
    Straight Piped
    PHP FU chip

Comment

Re: MX5 boot/trunk lid

What a difference. You did a great job. Very noticeable improvement.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');