• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is what I call cheap overhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is what I call cheap overhead.

I recently coverted my garage into a detail shop so some of my clients can also bring their vehicle to me if they want to. I've run my mobile company for 11 years and let me tell you it has been alot of fun doing some jobs indoors. This Porsche is 10 years old and its a daily driver. The clear coats pretty tired but it came out nice. The last pic is of me and Jaime from Meguiars. He came out and did some training with me when I switched over to Meguiars products - we had a great time and may I say these last 6 months that I have been using Meguiars it has took my work to new levels. In my opinion Meguiars when used with the correct process is superior to any other product.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Re: this is what I call cheap overhead.

I have to say that is the most beautiful garage i have ever seen, ever. splendid job. And where did you get all of those meguiars posters, fill me in, i would love to get some. I am actually thinking of doing some under the table mobile detailing myself. note quiet as elaborate as your setup, job well done again.

Comment

Nice setup. Good luck with your fixed location. You still maaged to get the porsche popping. Good work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice setup and clean looking!! The car looks awesome!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wow, I love the garage. Oh ya, the car looks great too.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
            I have to say that is the most beautiful garage i have ever seen, ever. splendid job. And where did you get all of those meguiars posters, fill me in, i would love to get some. I am actually thinking of doing some under the table mobile detailing myself. note quiet as elaborate as your setup, job well done again.
            most of them came from Auto Detailing Solutions in Az. you spend a certain amount ($700.00) and you get on their plan which you receive all those wall banners and brochures, mirror hangers, etc. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I have a question for you. I have a detail shop now but I am looking to by a home in the next town over from it. I wanted to do a similar thing and have a detail shop in my home garage. I was wondering if your property was zoned commercially and if not do you get hassle from neighbors or the town for running a detail business out of your home? Thanks, and nice garage by the way!

Comment

Very nice garage,,,i like the checkered tile...the porsche isnt to bad either..i would do the same thing as you but i only have a one car garage...so iam pretty much stricty mobile, but i do quite a few at my home..
                RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Very nice, clean, organized garage. I love everything about it. Great work on the Porsche. Needless to say, I'm jealous.
                  A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

love the garage, especially the checkered floor! congrats
                    -Saleem
                    07 Honda Accord... learning how to make it shine

Comment

Originally posted by Princeslik View Post
                      I have a question for you. I have a detail shop now but I am looking to by a home in the next town over from it. I wanted to do a similar thing and have a detail shop in my home garage. I was wondering if your property was zoned commercially and if not do you get hassle from neighbors or the town for running a detail business out of your home? Thanks, and nice garage by the way!
                      I live in a county area next to Ojai,Ca. which is outside Ventura - so needless to say my neighbors could care less what I do out of my garage - alot different than the city. I have a buisnees license to conduct work here so I asume there is no problem. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

SWEET garage!! Wow what an awesome set-up you have created! And it looks incredible being so clean and organized too. I bet there isn't a lot of basketball-playing going on while you are detailing hehe. The Porsche turned out great too!

Comment

that paint looks fantastic!
                          Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

You know, I think the only Meguiar's product that I'm missing is a Meguiar's training employee. Do they come in 64oz jugs? Do they consist of diminishing abrassives?
                            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                            2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Re: this is what I call cheap overhead. Not So here!

Here is a Pic of my shop though the overheads are not so cheap.

Last edited by Dr Polish; Apr 15, 2007, 05:51 AM. Reason: insert photo

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');