• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tvr tuscan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tvr tuscan

this job was from a few months back whem i was down south

the owner wanted a full detail on the tvr as he was getting it transported over to his other home in spain

this is one of the pics before i started

so first up was to rinse the TVR then spray with the citrus

after the citrus was spayed over the car the foam was then sprayed on top

then the foam was left for 5mins then rinsed off

to dry the car off i used the sonus der wunder towel with the meg`s last touch

once the car was dry i took a closer look at the paint work
    there was some stonechips that where touched up by the owner so i had to wetsand them 1st and there was the SWIRLS

So before i started wetsanding and paint work corection i took the the paint thickness on all pannels

for the wetsanding i used the meg`s unigrit 2500

then i went over the whole car with menzerna PG with a meg`s cutting pad on the makita

after the PG i went for the IP with the 3m polishing pad on the makita to lift the colour back

then the next stage was the finishing polish on a 3m finishing pad once again on the makita

once i was happy with the paint work (see below)

the next stage was to treat the paint work to zymol HD cleanse

god i love the curves on this TVR

so the next stage was to take the zymol vintage and apply it thinnly over the paint work with my hands

the wheels were polished with menz FP and the HD cleansed the waxed using zymol vintage and the tyres were treated with a drop of meg`s

the windows were polished with the zymol hd cleanse

all door shuts were cleaned out and the leather was treated to using gliptone

the rear cans were polished up

at the end of the detail the client was well happy with the job and booked in his new range rover sport supercharger and asked if i would top up the TVR out in spain better get a pair of shade out then

Re: tvr tuscan

Have you ever compared Meguiar's M26 or our NXT to the Zymol products you're using?

I've used the lower dollar Zymol waxes and I've always posted I would put our M26 up against any wax by Zymol on black paint, (the true test of any appearance product), and the results would either look the same or I would give M26 the edge.

Difference? Well M26 retails in the U.S. for $12.49 What does Vintage sell for?

One of our members is bring some of the Vintage to our Extreme Makeover class in the second week of January, we'' be sure to test it out on some black paint and see if the extra cost means it outperforms products like M26 and even the new NXT 2.0

Just curious... wondered if you've ever compared the two...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Beautiful,i once had a TVR that had a fiber body and the chassis was made of tubes would that model aslo be fiber and tubes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Have you ever compared Meguiar's M26 or our NXT to the Zymol products you're using?

I've used the lower dollar Zymol waxes and I've always posted I would put our M26 up against any wax by Zymol on black paint, (the true test of any appearance product), and the results would either look the same or I would give M26 the edge.

Difference? Well M26 retails in the U.S. for $12.49 What does Vintage sell for?

One of our members is bring some of the Vintage to our Extreme Makeover class in the second week of January, we'' be sure to test it out on some black paint and see if the extra cost means it outperforms products like M26 and even the new NXT 2.0

Just curious... wondered if you've ever compared the two...

hi mike

i use to use the meg`s 26 a fair bit before and i use to put the #7 on before the #26 and is one of my fav combo`s

my clients demand the zymol or swissvaxx and they pay good money for it

for the high end wax`s on the zymol and swissvax range`s i find that it gives the paint that warm deep glow to it

but if any one was to try one have a try at the mystery wax by swissvax this is one of my fav wax`s of the highend

Comment

Originally posted by xtrememike View Post
          my clients demand the zymol or swissvaxx and they pay good money for it
          Customer's always right.

It might be time for Meguiar's to bring out a high-end wax if for no other reason for perception as that's what so much about the high-end waxes really drills down to.

Nice work just the same!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Very amazing transformation!
            That color just POPS!

Comment

Great work. You really made it look like a show car. Way to go. Great transformation.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Mike, you're sadly right. I love my M16 too much, it really does help to bring gloss and shine to silver - coloured cars ( used it on a Toyota Altis I detailed last Sunday, after polishign with M83 + M80, which already made the paint almost swirl - free, superbly wet, deep and wet ). And it's quite good for Malaysia climate, lasts about 6 weeks on my 24/7 - parked outside - daily driver!
                yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

Got to love the detail when it is done awsome car to detail no hard edges' a clear is a little soft but other than that great to work on it came out very nice

How many coat's did you put on ????
                  Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

very nice work, it came out great i love the color to
                    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
                    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
                    210-281-8151

Comment

great work, I never realized how unusual that car was, from all the curves to the paint
                      2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');