• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black 04 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black 04 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator

This car belongs to a guy I work with and he's going on vacation and wanted me to detail his wife's car before they left. He told me the interior was clean, but the outside was pretty swirled. I told him to bring it to me today and I'd see what I could do.
    He dropped it off and he was right about it being a swirlfest.
    I gave the interior a quick vac and wipedown. There were no stains to speak of.
    The outside was a different story. Here was my process.
    ONR Wash

Engine got Majestic Solutions Red Max Degreaser @ 3:1, then dressed with their Poly Plus water based dressing @ 2:1

MG #83 on hood, roof, trunk, and around keyholes/handles with PC and Meguiars polishing pad.

MG #80 entire car x2 with PC and Meguiars polishing pad.

MG #21 x1 with PC and polishing pad

MG #26 x1 with pc and finishing pad

Tires/wells dressed with Majestic Solutions Super Blue Dressing.

Here are some pics. The first two are obviously befores. The lines on the after of the hood are actually reflections of jet trails in the sky.

Re: Black 04 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator

Great job on the swirl removal!! I like that the tires look so wet when they are right next to this very shiny rims!

Comment

There is nothing that looks better than a properly detailed black car...very nice work !!
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Awesome job.
        You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Black is fantastic when its detailed right. That is detailed right. Great work, way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the compliments....it means alot coming from people on this forum. The guy was blown away when I took it back to him. He told me his wife didn't even want to drive it anymore. She just wanted to leave it in the garage and stare at it.
            I'm gonna do another one of his in a couple months. He goes on a big trip with his camper trailer once a year and he wants me to do his Dodge dually before he heads out this year. Its huge, but its white so that makes it a little better.

Comment

pics not working

Comment

Comment

Looks awesome man! The pictures don't show up for me in the first post but I see them in post 8. Amazing job on the detail!!
                  --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

seeing the pics now, looks great. never heard of these before, what a wierd looking rear end! are they an F-body LS1 or something newer?

Comment

Supercharged 3.8l V-6

Comment

Originally posted by ozSS View Post
                        seeing the pics now, looks great. never heard of these before, what a wierd looking rear end! are they an F-body LS1 or something newer?
                        Nope. Not F-bodies, no LS1 option, they're all front wheel drive too.

A 180-horsepower 3.4-liter V6 went into the LS coupe, while the sporty SS got a 200-bhp 3.8-liter V6, along with firmer suspension settings and standard alloy wheels. Each engine drove a four-speed automatic transmission. SS coupes added traction control, a rear spoiler, dual-zone climate control, remote keyless entry, and fog lamps.

Not exactly the definition of sporty but they are still very nice cars, at one time or another they had an optional supercharged ones, and those were pretty quick!
                        --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

hmm interesting, you learn something new every day!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');