• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Opel Zafira - Black metallic (my first)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Opel Zafira - Black metallic (my first)

Hi,

This is my first report here on Meguiar's Online, so be a little gentle.
    I am not a photopgrapher or a detailer, but I am interested in both , so I hope to get some results in both environments.

It was somewhere in January, probably a Saturday when it wasn't raining. I intended to leave the car the whole winter untouched, but as the weather and roads were making the license plates illegal (unreadable), loads of water from a local self-carwash (!! no automatic carwash, never) did remove some dirt. However, the Meg's forces were too strong during that sunny Saturday in January, that I had to go out and smell the Meguiar's

I haven't any real 'pre' pics as the car was allready wet from some nightly showers.

So I started with a good rinse with loads of fresh water.

The wheels are rather OK and have been worse during the past. The number of traffic jams is slightly less at the very early start of the year, resulting in less brake dust on the wheels

Picture of the rear of the car after applying water. Hardly any reflection noticeable.

Drivers side with a reflection, but we are used to see more

Rinsing of has more effect at the front. There's always some special attention to the hood. This results in lesser dirt being sticky... howver, you can't call it clean at all

I continued with a proper wash using Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner, the Washmitt and two buckets filled with slightly (!!) warm water

A few moments later, my little girl (almost 2y) showed up and as she was happy with some reflection, the car promptly received a kiss from her.

The wheels got some attention, being Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner (1:4) and some wipes with a sponge.

The hood, roof and rear were clayed using the Meguiar's white clay bar and the Quick Detailer Mist & Wipe, as I felt some contamination. After that, those body panels were worked with Meguiar's Speed Glaze #80 on a yellow applicator pad. Applying the products with the AG220 is scheduled for later this year. I have ordered the AG220, but hadn't had the opportunity to collect it yet.

Afther that, it was time to continue with the consumer line products applying a layer of NXT Tech wax (liquid) and topping up with Gold Class Liquid wax.

Not too bad, taking into account that only one year ago, I hadn't heard about swirls and any other defects. There were numerous swirls, but they are slightly disappearing thanks to: Scratch-X, Dual Action Polish/Cleaner (#83) and Speed Glaze (#80) and a completely other way of washing and maintaining the car. Oh, and don't forget a lot of elbow grease.

The tyres receive a tyre dressing from Meguiar's and the wheels get a NXT Tech wax layer. This makes it easier to clean them next time. I really must remove the wheels in the spring for another thorough clean.

Also used that day: Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer, for the dark grey plastic trim and Autoglym Metal Polish for the grill. Autoglym as I had the product allready at home. Apologies for that

Some overview pics, and yes I see a rather dirty wheel arch. Next time I will remove the wheel and have it cleaned with more attention to detail.

Hope you enjoyed my write up.

Re: 2003 Opel Zafira - Black metallic (my first)

Look good!!

I love reflection shots of the clouds.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Great job bringing that reflection back. Black daily drivers can be tough because you seem to notice dirt and dust a lot quicker, good luck with that. Excellent work.

Comment

Very nice job!
        Liked how it turned out

Keep it up

Comment

Great work. You brought back the reflections. Looks great. Like the cloud shots also. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');