• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaned another courtesy car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned another courtesy car!

Ok busy day or two but with all the boring uni work at the minute, i was ready for a bit of car cleaning.

I got the porter cable out on Sunday night and gave the A,B,C pillars a quick go with #80, a polishing pad just to remove some very light marks (so light i struggled to catch them so not worth any pics, you wouldnt see the difference)

While i had brought out the box of toys (polishes, waxes, transformer and PC) decided to have a go on the sisters mini (the suspect is the a water drying blade has been used incorrectly on it or when not properly clean, as the marks are quite linear) dont know who did it as only noticed it recently when the sun was shining though the garage window. It was some shock this was the first car i used the PC on and was not so pleased its been ruined.

Luckily after a play the polishing pad and #80 should sort it out, so will have a go with the whole car when i get chance in the summer, when i have finished uni. (QD the dust of did not just wipe it off)

The second car is a courtesy car from Reno which was quite a shock as i am 21 years old and used to driving my little Clio hatch back, its a 57 reg Renault Grand Scenic with 7 seats and a 2.0VVT engine, and blimey its fast, the mercedes vito (which i know are very fast) at the traffic lights certainly didnt expected much of a challenge from this sensible family motor.
    I know its mad to clean a courtesy car but it did need it, it up for sale at the dealer but dont think they will get the £ 12,000 they are asking the state it was in. Nearly all the doors have been bashed into something so the edges are untidy, and this is a car with under 6k miles on. heres the ad and what im used to driving.
    it was cleaned with a GC + NXT shampoo mix, which beaded well when it rained later.

Befores:

Afters:

all comments welcome
    Thanx Christian

Re: Cleaned another courtesy car!

Looks good !!! surprised no members responded besides me...
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Comment

Great job! That's the way a black car should look. That's the bad part about water blades, you risk the chance of catching grit. I love mine anyway, I'm just sure to wipe it off after each stroke.
      Scott

Comment

They should hire you after the great job you did on their courtesy car. Way to go it looks very good.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Cheers guys i really feel like im doin a good job with comments like yours, esp since i am still quite amateur yet. Its the first car i have ever done where i needed my dads bridge like ladder thing to do the roof and i am over 6foot tall!

Christian

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');