• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

almost mirror like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: almost mirror like.

Hell yeah man that is some great looking paint. I've never even seen that car before, looks very cool! Nice work man.
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
      Hell yeah man that is some great looking paint. I've never even seen that car before, looks very cool! Nice work man.

Thanks, Its a 98 Rover 214si. really weak engine to you americans probably lol. 1.4litre 16v 105bhp as standard but in a car that barely weighs 1 tonne its till quick enough for me and the way taxes are goin anything bigger would leave me pennyless anyway the company that made that car doesnt even exist anymore as they went bankrupt in 2005. anyway ive spent a little bit of money on this modifying it to my taste, the car was completely standard when i bought it 2 and a half years ago, heres a pic of what it looked like then.

I would list all the work ive done to it but its a big list so i'll leave it out unless anyone really wants to know but most of it is visible in the pics because im more into what it looks like than how fast it is

thanks again,
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
        Why can't American cars come with a finish like that. Nearly zero orange peel. I'm jealous!!
        Most our cars factory paint resembles the surface of the moon!
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

sometimes if we get resprays in england they end up with a bumpy finish, i dont know if it has something to do with the difference between solvent based and water based paints because when the garage i used to work at switched to water based paints (due to environment regulations or something) the bumpy finish was a lot more noticeable.

Comment

Hey Andy,

That is very high quality work there. You should be proud.

Comment

Thanks fancy images.

Here are a couple more pictures of the full car when i had completed my cleaning spree, the sun had dissapeared but it still looks good. I have sprayed the skirts and repainted the brake calipers and drums too just to neaten things up a bit. polished the wheels and used gold class endurance tyre protect. The cars under covers now until tomorrow night when i'll be taking it to the show stand for the weekend.

knowing its this shiney makes it feel like driving a new car i am very happy.

did i already mention that at the end of this year it will be ten years old and has covered 57000miles which is relatively low but the bodywork is still in great condition and has always been kept outside.

Comment

Dont you just wish you could put it on the mantel and stare at it. Goodluck on the show, Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fancy Images View Post
                  Dont you just wish you could put it on the mantel and stare at it. Goodluck on the show, Andy.

Thanks, lol yea i do end up staring at it most of the time. its one of the biggest shows of the year in the uk so hopefully it will be good, it'll be the first time ive been to it. however its forecast for snow on sunday which could be a problem because i'll be camping but only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');