• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first paying detail job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first paying detail job!

Today, I did my first detailing job for money! My uncle wanted me to detail out his GMC stepside pickup...So I did a wash & polish job for him, using my DA polisher, some M80, and NXT 2.0. Came out pretty good, but I'm learning not to let my dad set the prices in advance for me. He told my uncle that I'd do it for $50, and my uncle came out and started asking me to do the polishing, claying, interior...

At any rate, here's some before & afters:

Before:

After:

I know there's still some scratches in the hood there, but my uncle wasn't looking for a full on paint correction, since there are still scratches on the driver's side where he clipped a cement pole at the bank, but he was completely enthused over it. He was happy, and immediately started telling his tenants that I did a great job on his truck.

Re: My first paying detail job!

Nice job!

Those step sides can be hard to work on with polisher just behind the cab.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

There's still a noticeable difference. Good job.

Comment

Great progress on it.

Feels good to get paid for something you like to do eh?

Good show.

Hopefully with a word of mouth, you can get some more bizness

L8R

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Still a great improvement
          ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
          Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
          210-281-8151

Comment

Congrats on your first paying job. I guess you would have to consider it a family discount. lol. What a great improvement on the stepside. Looks 100 times better. Great work. Way to go.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice job
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Hey very nice job.

Comment

That's a lot of pant to polish!

Nice work and good judgment call on goals. Not ever car should get a show car finish, for example a daily driver truck like you polished out, just do a great job of cleaning and polishing and then waxing and you'll get phenomenal results for a truck that's a daily driver.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                    Nice job!

Those step sides can be hard to work on with polisher just behind the cab.
                    Tell me about it... The nice thing with the PC 7424 that I've got, though, is that I can remove that handle so it's not smacking up against the step, cab, or wheel well, and I can rotate the polisher around for better angle.

I've got to get faster at this if I ever go to doing this full time, because I started at 9 am and finished at 3 pm, working straight through. Either that, or I need to charge more for my jobs!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');