• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New D151 vs. Black Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D151 vs. Black Jeep

New D151 vs. Black Jeep

I have been wanting to use the new Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme and a couple days ago I had the perfect chance! It's an 08 Jeep Patriot that had minor to moderate swirls and some minor holograms.

It was a one step job and I usually would go right for the M66 on a car like this. I decided to try the D151 and had great results. You can't see in the after pics because of the lack of sun we ended up with but it did a great job removing the defects and didn't haze the paint at all.

The main thing that I was very impressed with was the shine it left. Much more like #21 than #66 in my opinion. Cut was also good and work time was as long as I wanted. I have since used it on 2 more cars with similar results.

This stuff is awesome

On a 300C I did just yesterday I had deeper swirls to deal with and all I did to adjust my process was to use a little more D151 and work it longer. I got some REAL cut out of it then with no hazing. I still have the option of moving to speed 5 on the PC to get more cut and have not tried it on the rotary yet.

Here are the after pics and process:

Wash with Gold Class and Microfiber Chenille Mitt
    Clay with Mild clay and Quik Detailer for a lube
    Applied D151 via PC and Yellow W-8006 Polishing pad on speed setting 4.0
    #40 on tires

Questions or comments?
    Jason

Re: New D151 vs. Black Jeep

The Jeep looks awesome

Comment

What the hell.... Porsche, Landrover, Lexus all in one driveway? Drool....
      Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

And a Carrerra GT!
        Jason

Comment

Wow Wow! I like the reflections. Clear and wet reflections. Way to go. Great work Jason. Now I want D151 even more

Tim
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Edit: It's a Liberty not a Patriot....duh
            Jason

Comment

Nice job, great reflection

Comment

nice job!
                2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Man that Jeep looks fantastic. Such reflections. Very wet looking. Excellant job. Way to go.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks great. Now I cant wait until my 151 shows up.
                    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Mines coming, I'm stoked. Got 2 cars lined up right away!

Comment

Thanks guys. For a simple one step I was pretty happy with the results. It took me about 1hr from when I started washing the car to when I was finishing waxing it...that includes time to clay. Another 15 minutes to let the wax haze (I dressed the tires during this time). And finally wiping off the wax and cleaning the glass. All said and done it was less than 2 hours and I was taking my time. This stuff is GREAT!
                        Jason

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');