• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 Mustang (mild detail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Mustang (mild detail)

So I was home this weekend and was cleaning my truck up (see my other intro thread for pics) and my bro asked if I would help him with his mustang. Its in pretty good shape (got it from my grandparents with 45k miles) but I knew it could be better. I used some generic wash (didnt have time to get any gc) clayed it wiht the Meguiars kit, followed by NXT 2.0 and #26. Heres a few pics
    before

comparison between NXT 2.0 and just washed

After
    00 Ford F150
    4.2 auto single cab, red and black theme
    68 Camaro convertible
    fully restored 350 350
    red with white top and racing stripes

Re: 94 Mustang (mild detail)

Natural Shine Interior Detailer

nothing fancy but it made it look alot better. I dont have a ton of money to spend on products so im keeping it simple and doing it by hand. Suggestions are welcome as im still learning. Enjoy
    00 Ford F150
    68 Camaro convertible
    fully restored 350 350

Comment

The Mustang looks great. A huge improvement. Great work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks, Im still learning but I felt it was a big improvement. I need a brush for tires and wheel wells and some gold class but other than that Im gonna stick with what I got
        00 Ford F150
        68 Camaro convertible
        fully restored 350 350

Comment

Looks good! I bet your brother was happy.
          Scott

Comment

It's a great improvement!

Comment

Wow that's definitely a big improvement. Honestly guys, how awesome is NXT 2.0? Just look at the improvement and that was without a cleaner or polish (besides the clay). Speaks volumes about how good NXT 2.0 is. Again, awesome job!

Comment

Nothing better than someone who really cares plus a great product. Great job. Lucky brother
                Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Originally posted by madmaxwell87 View Post

If you look closely at the paint you'll see RIDS, Random Isolated Deeper Scratches, Cobweb-Effect, (random swirls and scratches), and even what looks like paint chips on the right hand edge.

To take this paint to a higher level by hand next time after washing and claying, (if claying is needed), try rubbing out the paint using ScratchX, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or if you really want to go after the swirls then get a quart of M105

The cleaning step will take the longest as you'll really want to focus on working your product of choice against the paint, a small section at at time, moving around the car and overlapping each section when working on the next section.

Then apply a pure polish like Deep Crystal Polish and then a wax, like the NXT 2.0

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks guys. my bro helped me with my truck so i figured id help him out. i just went the extra mile cause i wanted to see what i could do with the paint.

Mike- thanks for the pointers. if it wasnt 110 degrees out i woulda put some more work into it. next time im home i think ill pick up some scratchx or maybe even the deep crystal paint cleaner and see what i can do with the swirls.
                    00 Ford F150
                    68 Camaro convertible
                    fully restored 350 350

Comment

Sharp Stang, I love that bodystyle, it still looks just as modern as ever today!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');