• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black 300zx Detailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black 300zx Detailed

I got a call from a previous customer to work on his 300zx. The last time I worked on this same car it must had been about 2 years ago and seeing the condition of this car yesterday I nearly passed out. This car is scheduled for a photoshoot today so I didn't have too much time yesterday to work on it too long. The good thing is that the customer wanted it to look presentable enough to photograph.

Here is the car before
    300zx
    300zx
    300zx
    300zx
    300zx

After I had washed the car I checked for bonded contaminants
    300zx Claybar

I did a test spot using #151 PRC. There was a big improvement. The paint didn't have to be 100% swirlfree since it will have paint work done in a few months.
    300zx

I decided the test spot was good enough to do the whole car with
    300zx
    300zx
    300zx Detail

The two front wheels which will match the rear wheels were brought in later that night in which I cleaned up as well.

This picture is back from 2006 when I first worked on it
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Re: Black 300zx Detailed

Great job. Nice before and afters pics! I'm really liking the new D151.

Looks like he can't make his mind up on what wheels he likes.

I do love those cars though. It's one of those body styles that will always look good...like an NSX.

What style buffer and pad combo were you using?
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Thanks RaskyR1

I used the G110 with a W-8006. On the driver side door he had a scuff in which there I used the rotory with some #80 and a W-8006.

I like the body style on this model as well. One of the guys that was there last night owns an NSX which I'm hoping to get my hands on. It's being modified and having some paintwork done. Must be nice huh?
      Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by hemin8r View Post
        Thanks RaskyR1

I used the G110 with a W-8006. On the driver side door he had a scuff in which there I used the rotory with some #80 and a W-8006.

I like the body style on this model as well. One of the guys that was there last night owns an NSX which I'm hoping to get my hands on. It's being modified and having some paintwork done. Must be nice huh?
        No doubt.

I have a Black '06 TL that is a daily driver and the guy wants an exterior done, but he really doesn't want to pay much. I'm thinking PRC with the FLEX or PC is the way to go after seeing your results.

The Z was 2 stage paint wasn't it?
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Great job....Nice 50/50 pics and great afters.... This car is amazing for its age..Anything special under the hood??
          I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
            No doubt.

I have a Black '06 TL that is a daily driver and the guy wants an exterior done, but he really doesn't want to pay much. I'm thinking PRC with the FLEX or PC is the way to go after seeing your results.

The Z was 2 stage paint wasn't it?
            Yes it was 2 stage. My customer didn't want to spend too much either. That's why I went with the D151. I've used D151 on the front fender of a white car before. I couldn't really see a huge difference. So this is actually the first time I use it on an entire car & a black one at that. So it was impressive and the owner was satisfied.
            Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
              Great job....Nice 50/50 pics and great afters.... This car is amazing for its age..Anything special under the hood??
              Thanks Pampos.
              Not that I know of. I know he changed the exhaust but that's about all I know. He also has an SRT-4 highly modified putting out like 450hp to the wheels. I may be working on that in the near future.
              Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by hemin8r View Post
                Thanks Pampos.
                Not that I know of. I know he changed the exhaust but that's about all I know. He also has an SRT-4 highly modified putting out like 450hp to the wheels. I may be working on that in the near future.
                450hp to the wheels ...Thats good....My best man wants to buy one of those cars to modify it....
                I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
                  450hp to the wheels ...Thats good....My best man wants to buy one of those cars to modify it....

Yeah in the 400's is not bad. Some guys are near 600hp. That's just insane.
                  I have a silver one. I'm only doing 250hp to the wheels. I don't have too many mods on it. They're definitely fun cars for the price.
                  Jesse

Comment

The car looks great. Huge improvement. Way to go.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice job

Comment

Nice work looks awesome. That is a very rare Z. They only brought like 1200 convertibles to the U.S.
                        Alex
                        1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                        1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

oh man, thats awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');