• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitsu Sportsback Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsu Sportsback Blue

So I got myself another "rare" Mitsu 1 of only 780 in the entire North America !

This Sportsback was a rental car and only 9 months old and it was a deal I could not pass up. It is a sleeper in every sense of the word as it has the same specs and engine as the Ralliart. Thinking of using it as my mobile detailing unit ...LoL

It took me about two weeks working on it 2-3 hours per day to get it up to detailer's standards. There was tons of swirls, scratches and the paint was so filthy it was not funny, normal for car rental places that just pressure wash their cars and dry with filthy chamies.

No befores, too lazy or was too eager to get to work on it !

It has been awhile since I have used a Meguiar's polish, but using it brings back many memories and M80 is still no slouch compared with all those fancy overpriced polishes out there.

Process:
    1. Washed with dish washing soap
    2. Clay with Opti-Clay
    3. OHC on 4" LC white pad via rotary
    4. M80 on 6.5" LC white pad via PC
    5. Sealed with Opti-Seal
    6. Collinite 845IW by hand
    7. Meg's HotShine on tires

Re: Mitsu Sportsback Blue

Comment

You purchased a RENTAL car?!?!?

I'd be so afraid of what people did to it before I got it.

How many miles are on it?
      I Flex

Comment

Looks great. Nice work, the pics are great. You washed it using dish soap?
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

LOL i was looking at the street asphalte and was thinking this looks like our streets in Montreal, I know why now

Comment

Good work. The reflections in the paint are really nice.

Comment

Great work! Looks awesome.

I didn't know the Lancer SportBack was that rare. My father almost bought one a while ago. Nice to own something you don't see everyday. Makes you unique.
                1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Nice job. Mitsubishi offered the Sportback in the States for, I think 1 or 2 years and they are definitely rare. As far as purchasing a rental car, I bought a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage (from Hertz car sales w 20k on the odo) as a daily commuter car. It currently has over 143k on it and has been the most reliable commuter car I have ever had. Best of luck with it.

Comment

@J.A. MIchaels:

Washing with Dawn or another dishwashing soap will strip the surface of any previously applies waxes/polishes. It is the desired technique if you want to completely prep the surface for a proper detail. After a proper detail, using a quality wash (like Gold Class) will maintain the appearance.
                    Last edited by new2detailing; Jul 2, 2008, 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by new2detailing View Post
                      @J.A. MIchaels:

Washing with Dawn or another dishwashing soap will strip the surface of any previously applies waxes/polishes. It is the desired technique if you want to completely prep the surface for a proper detail. After a proper detail, using a quality wash (like Gold Class) will maintain the appearance.

x2

Cheap and effective, just like degreasing the engine compartment or oversprayed rustproofing with Varsol !

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');