• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of winter prep detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of winter prep detail

Just posting some pics of the latest detail on my ram. Im no professional so its not perfect, but here it is anyway.

Re: Pics of winter prep detail

Looks good. Nice reflections.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      Looks good. Nice reflections.
      Thank you it looks pretty good but i am still learning so im sure it can be better. I wish there was someone in my area that could show/help me learn.

Comment

what is your process? Maybe you could get some help that way atleast.
        Forever New
        Mobile Detailing
        Jacksonville, FL

Comment

1.smooth surface clay kit
          2.m80 w/8006 pad
          3.nxt 2.0 1 coat for now another one or two next weekend
          It has a nice finish to it but when i look at it right, i can see a bunch of small scratches/swirls.

Comment

How many passes did you make with the 80? Also, have you tried 83?
            Forever New
            Mobile Detailing
            Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Forever New View Post
              How many passes did you make with the 80? Also, have you tried 83?
              On most of the truck I did only one pass, than two in a few areas. I have a bottle of 83 but for some reason i am kind of afraid of using it on my truck. I dont want to mess it up due to lack of experiance. when you do mutiple passes how do you do it? Do you do say a 12x12 area and then immediatly do it again? or am i totally off base? Thanks

Comment

the car looks great, if you use #80 work it till its broken down, if the swirls are still there, try again with #80, if this doesnt get the results, then have a go with #83

Comment

Originally posted by christian6984 View Post
                  the car looks great, if you use #80 work it till its broken down, if the swirls are still there, try again with #80, if this doesnt get the results, then have a go with #83
                  Thank you I will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by 20ram07 View Post
                    I have a bottle of 83 but for some reason i am kind of afraid of using it on my truck. I dont want to mess it up due to lack of experiance.
                    There is no need to be afraid. Just remember before doing the "whole" truck do a "test spot". Pick a spot which has a good amount of swirls and scratches and tape it off (about 12"x12"). Now that you already waxed your truck you'll have to strip the wax, skip the claying since you've already done that and go straight to polishing. Try the M80 for about two passes working it in correctly then if that doesn't get rid of everything go to the M83. You work the M83 in just like the M80 so there is no reason to be afraid. If the M83 creates marring follow up with some M80. Do a test spot and if you can make that one spot look good, than you can make the whole truck look good.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamtrco4life View Post
                      There is no need to be afraid. Just remember before doing the "whole" truck do a "test spot". Pick a spot which has a good amount of swirls and scratches and tape it off (about 12"x12"). Now that you already waxed your truck you'll have to strip the wax, skip the claying since you've already done that and go straight to polishing. Try the M80 for about two passes working it in correctly then if that doesn't get rid of everything go to the M83. You work the M83 in just like the M80 so there is no reason to be afraid. If the M83 creates marring follow up with some M80. Do a test spot and if you can make that one spot look good, than you can make the whole truck look good.
                      Thank you that is great advice. I guess I will have to give it another go around. Maybe I will just wait till spring though. No sense really in doing all that work and then having it get all beat up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');