• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimum Metal Polish review and detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum Metal Polish review and detail

I ordered some new Optimum Metal Polish (OMP) a couple of weeks ago and just got an opportunity to use it today.
    A guy emailed me this morning about getting a detail done on his pearl white 07 Cadillac Escalade ESV with 26" chrome wheels. He wanted a wash, clay, and wax, but he was really concerned about his wheels. He said they really look horrible and they don't shine like they should. I had some errands to run this morning so I told him I would come by around 1pm. I get there and the truck is dirty, but looks sweet! You can never really tell what kind of shape something is in until you wash it so thats what I told the client. I washed the truck and the wheels with ONR and went from there. The wheels were really spotted up, scratched, and oxidized.
    I generally use Mothers chrome polish, but not today, and never again! I tried the MCP first just to compare it to the OMP. The MCP wouldn't even cut through the spotting so I tossed it to the side and pulled out my new OMP. I don't need to say anymore, the pictures speak for themselves!
    Front passenger side rim after wash with ONR before OMP.

More before OMP, notice all of the spotting and oxidation.

Now for the afters! Just a simple hand polish with OMP maybe 15 minutes per rim. Night and day difference? I don't know, you tell me! The tires were dressed with Megs Endurance tire gel.

Finished wheel.

Now some of the finished truck after an ONR wash, clay with ONR and Four Star UPP.

The rear passenger wheel

I hope you all enjoy! Thanks for looking!

Re: Optimum Metal Polish review and detail

The rims look better then new. What a Shine! Great job, The Escalade looks good also.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I don't know and it could be just me, but unless this was a comparison test between Meguiar's Chrome polish or Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Metal Polish and Optimum Metal Polish, this review belongs on Opitmum's Forum and not on Meguiar's Online.

Mike
      Last edited by Mikejl; Jan 18, 2009, 08:22 PM. Reason: Fixed grammer error.
      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Huge wheels!

If you really want to see them shine, try some NXT!
        Scott

Comment

nice work on the wheels they looks great

Comment

Meguiar's and Optimum make GREAT products! The rims look awesome.

Comment

Rims look great.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');