• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rasky's AD: Full detail, Kia Sorento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rasky's AD: Full detail, Kia Sorento

Originally posted by kty10 View Post
    Wow, what a transformation! I especially liked how the trim and engine came out. What products did you use for them? I've been thinking about cleaning up my engine, but have no idea how to tackle it.
    Thanks.

I used Meguiars Detailer line glass cleaner to remove the oxidation from the rubber trim. I used APC+ and Hyper Dressing on the motor.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Good observation, thanks for pointing this out for everyone that will ever read this thread.

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Originally posted by Tekman00 View Post
    Everything looks great!! What products, and machines did you use on the carpets and floor mats? Can a person get those kind of results with just a shopvac and some elbow grease, or do you need a steamer, extractor, etc...?
    Floor mats are pretty easy. Vacuum, pretreat with APC/APC+, pressure wash them until clean (wide patter nozzle, don't get to close) and wet vac them. You can also hand scub them or use the LGM, but when they are this dirty it's faster using the pressure washer.

On the interior I used a wet vac, Bissell Little Green Machine ($90), carpet brush, and some APC+. So to answer your question, you can easily get the same results as me without a high end extractor or steamer....though one of those would be nice.

Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

great job Rasky on the Kia

the oxidation on those rubber seals looked bad, nice save

paint looks great, that red is glowing!!
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

nice work, M205 is looking a promising product (only just be released in the UK so pretty hard to get hold of currently)

Comment

WOW, I am getting a G110 soon and was trying to decide with to use on my 09 Altima that is just sitting in the garage as I test products on my 07 Accord..Both are Red.

I seem to be pushing towards 2 coats of 205 with my G110 and then 2 coats of NXT ...Red really seems to pop out with this combination...

The dealer said they Simonized it which they seem to believe is a great finish for a new car.....:>))) I will decide once I get my G110 and my products..for now it sits and waits.

PK
          Super Clean

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbucks1959 View Post
            WOW, I am getting a G110 soon and was trying to decide with to use on my 09 Altima that is just sitting in the garage as I test products on my 07 Accord..Both are Red.

I seem to be pushing towards 2 coats of 205 with my G110 and then 2 coats of NXT ...Red really seems to pop out with this combination...

The dealer said they Simonized it which they seem to believe is a great finish for a new car.....:>))) I will decide once I get my G110 and my products..for now it sits and waits.

PK
            I love M205! It's just SOOO easy to use!
            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I still love Gold Class from before....may try Gold class or NXT over m205...

Who knows LOL

PK
              Super Clean

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');