• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subaru Impreza STI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subaru Impreza STI...

Looks Great
    Nice Work as Usual

Was the Paint Soft like most say about Subaru?
    Matt

Comment

That looks awesome! I'm surprised that you were able to cut through those swirls with M205 and a green pad. How many passes did it take? Awesome work

Comment

Freaky reflections.

Scooby looks great man
        Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
          That looks awesome! I'm surprised that you were able to cut through those swirls with M205 and a green pad. How many passes did it take? Awesome work
          Subaru's are known for 1 thing, soft freaking paint! M205 works like M105 on this car. Fast cutting action. I tried M105 at first, but it was marring the finish incredibly horrible. 1 pass with M205, and it was almost LSP ready. Had some VERY faint tick marks, so we went over it with the Menzerna. TThis is the 3rd Subaru I've worked on within the past month. I'm starting to get them figured out

Nick
          2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
          2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
            Subaru's are known for 1 thing, soft freaking paint! M205 works like M105 on this car. Fast cutting action. I tried M105 at first, but it was marring the finish incredibly horrible. 1 pass with M205, and it was almost LSP ready. Had some VERY faint tick marks, so we went over it with the Menzerna. TThis is the 3rd Subaru I've worked on within the past month. I'm starting to get them figured out

Nick
            Nick, did you remove the tick marks with Menzerna and the Flex with finishing pad or DA? I have all the CCS colors EXCEPT green! (sigh)
            Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Apr 22, 2009, 04:38 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

nice job...... a great wet look finish :]
              hope to see more pictures of that cool car under the sun
              Ganesa,
              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
                Nick, did you remove the tick marks with Menzerna and the Flex with finishing pad or DA? I have all the CCS colors EXCEPT green! (sigh)
                Sam(part time helper) was working with me. I only have 1 Flex, while I was cutting with the Flex, he was right behind me with the Menzerna on the DA. I prefer using the DA for finishing work, but the Flex would have dome just as good of a job. Comes down to personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                  nice job...... a great wet look finish :]
                  hope to see more pictures of that cool car under the sun
                  I'm supposed to be going back out there for another vehicle pretty soon. So far, I've done 4 of his, and have 3 more to go I think. Yes, he has quite a few vehicles. I'll get some pictures when I go back out there.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');