• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Ford Fusion - Merlot Metallic - Threepeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Ford Fusion - Merlot Metallic - Threepeat!

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    +1 on that... having a 6 year old that loves to draw and write, I keep 3 or 4 magic Erasers on hand at all times.
    You know, I though of using one of those. We have a few in the house. Dang it!!
    Note to self.....
    The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      I've heard of people having good luck removing ink stains using hair spray?

Never tried it myself... would be a good idea if you decide to try it to first test in an inconspicuous area.

I'm an former 80's hair band guitarist...would that be pink Aquanet?
      The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Mike,
        Tried the Hairspray and no luck. I might have done it wrong though. Thanks.............

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        I've heard of people having good luck removing ink stains using hair spray?

Never tried it myself... would be a good idea if you decide to try it to first test in an inconspicuous area.

Comment

In fact I did buy 'Aquanet' and no luck. Maybe you can give it a try............

Originally posted by audionutmike View Post
          I'm an former 80's hair band guitarist...would that be pink Aquanet?

Comment

You did confirm that Fusion paint seems to be on the hard side. I was suspecting this.
            Al
            ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Bunky View Post
              You did confirm that Fusion paint seems to be on the hard side. I was suspecting this.
              Yes, in fact both of the 2007 Fords we polished had very hard paint. The other was Oxford White on a 2007 Mustang.

Comment

Actually, my '07 Mustang was painted from the factory with 'Performance White' but I am sure it might be the same as 'Oxford'. That is what the VIN code says on the door. Just and FYI. I am going to try the 'Magic Eraser' this weekend but don't know where to buy it.

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
                Yes, in fact both of the 2007 Fords we polished had very hard paint. The other was Oxford White on a 2007 Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejetman View Post
                  Actually, my '07 Mustang was painted from the factory with 'Performance White' but I am sure it might be the same as 'Oxford'. That is what the VIN code says on the door. Just and FYI. I am going to try the 'Magic Eraser' this weekend but don't know where to buy it.
                  You can usually find them in the cleaning supplies aisle of grocery stores, Walmart, Target, etc.

Comment

Thanks and I will get it today..........

Originally posted by page2171 View Post
                    You can usually find them in the cleaning supplies aisle of grocery stores, Walmart, Target, etc.

Comment

awesome color, great work. Is that Laser Red if it is I love that color.
                      Alex
                      1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                      1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Alex,
                        It is called 'Merlot Metallic' and it is not offered anymore on the Fusion that I know of. It turns practically black at night. Thanks...............

Originally posted by 03mach1 View Post
                        awesome color, great work. Is that Laser Red if it is I love that color.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');