• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F250 Harley Davidson Edition DETAILED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford F250 Harley Davidson Edition DETAILED

This weekend I had a fellow MOL ("Wolfeyes") member give me a call asking if I can detail his truck, cool guy too. He said it was in fairly good condition and just needed something light to get it to shine a bit. I went over this past Sunday to clean it up. I have to say this truck is awesome!
    There was a fine layer of dust on the paint most likely due to construction going on next door + the nearby busy street.

I had planned on taking more pictures but after seeing the size of this BLACK truck I said I better get started if I want to finish up soon.

I did an initial rinse followed by foaming it up and letting it sit for about 5 minutes while I worked on the wheels. After rinsing down the foam I did the 2 bucket wash cleaned up the door jambs and prepared for the polishing stage.

The paint was in in pretty good shape. Very light swirls so I decided to go with some 151. Her are the befores & afters:

DSC_0163
    DSC_0168

DSC_0164
    DSC_0169
    DSC_0170

F250 Harley Davidson Edition
    F250 Harley Davidson Edition
    DSC_0174

DSC_0175
    DSC_0176

My best attempt to capture a sunshot
    DSC_0178

The interior received a vacuum and a wipe down. All in all it was a 6 hour job which was not bad considering the amount of surface that needed to be covered. The paint is not 100% swirl free but it definitely looks alot better. Customer was happy which in turn made me happy. I noticed a bottle of #135in the cab & told him to continue using it when ever there's light dust. He's learning quite a bit on MOL and I have no doubts he'll continue taking great care of his truck.
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Re: Ford F250 Harley Davidson Edition DETAILED

Looks great! Sure is a nice truck, too.

Comment

Thats a big truck. Looks absolutely great.
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

That is one nice truck, looks awesome

Comment

Looks Great!!
          Nice Job!!!
          Keep Up the Great Work!!
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

The truck looks great. Sure is a big truck. Great work, Jesse.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

That thing is a BEAST! Looks really good too!
              -James
              2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

I sooo want that truck! Beautiful!
                2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Wow! Those trucks are pretty badass straight from the factory, that's got to be the first I've ever seen lifted. Really represents what the designers were going for with the Ford & Harley connection, IMO.

You made it look pretty darn good, too. Good to hear he's a MOL lurker and want to take care of it.

Comment

That looks hot. Can you explain your process with D151? My husband has a black dually and the 83,80,NXT last time looked great but it took forever. I have some D151 to try and could use some tips. Thanks, Donna

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Originally posted by mini44 View Post
                      That looks hot. Can you explain your process with D151? My husband has a black dually and the 83,80,NXT last time looked great but it took forever. I have some D151 to try and could use some tips. Thanks, Donna
                      Thanks Donna. To begin with the owner takes great care of the finish so there were very minor defects. I know that if I would have gone with multiple steps it would have taken close to 12 hours at least, so D151 was the one that worked based on my test spot. I used the G110 with the yellow W-8006 pad and just worked a small area slowly to work in the product at speed 5. It does take time but will be much faster then doing 83, 80 NXT. Again, this truck was minor in defects. Of course if the paint condition is bad and the paint is on the harder side it will take multiple steps with the proper products. Hope that helps.
                      Jesse

Comment

WOW!!!
                        Such a difference!
                        I'm surprised that fit in your car port, it looked close!
                        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                          WOW!!!
                          Such a difference!
                          I'm surprised that fit in your car port, it looked close!
                          I went to the owners house for this detail. This truck definitely made my truck look small. I nearly banged my head on one of the rafters of the car port when I was standing on the bed of the truck. My car port would have still be high enough for this truck. This is another F250 I had worked on at my place which shows it under my port.
                          We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers
                          Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post

I used the G110 with the yellow W-8006 pad and just worked a small area slowly to work in the product at speed 5. .
                            Did you top with wax/sealant or is that it, work it in and wipe it off, done?
                            Thanks again. Donna

Comment

Just worked in the D151 let it dry and wipe off. Did not top off with anything else. In 2 months he wants me to detail it again. At that point I'll top it off with a wax. This truck doesn't see much of the road and he does maintain it well enough where I don't expect to see any more swirls.
                              Jesse

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');