• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Red Expedition Detailed for a Buddy's Wife NOT 56K friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Red Expedition Detailed for a Buddy's Wife NOT 56K friendly

Hey everyone,

I would like to share with everyone the detail that I completed as a surprise for a co-workers wife. His wife was toying with the idea of getting rid of this Expedition for a while but desided to keep it for a little while longer. She was talking about having it detailed and as a surprise for his wife my friend brought it to me for a complete interior/exterior detail. They have 2 kids and he said that the interior was real bad. Upon inspection it showed signs of use as it is 4 years old and a daily driver/kid hauler. It was dirty but by no means really bad(I have seen much worse). The exterior has not seen a coat of wax in 4 years and needed some help. The interior mats had most of the dirt and grime on them with the carpet and seats having some random stains and dirt. Since it was a surprise for his wife I met him at our place of work and switched vehicles with him and brought the Expedition home for this detail instead of doing it at his house due to the fact that his wife was home. Once I got it home the process began with a good wash with Hyper wash. The wheels got a new life to them thanks to Wheel Brightener. The tires ended up needing multiple cleanings with Super Degreaser and Bleach White to get them clean. The paint got a good claying with the detailer line Mild Blue Clay with Last Touch cut 1:1 for lube. I was going to use the 105/205 combo with the g-100 but I later found out that he needed to pick up his youngest son at 5:30 and needed the truck back as soon as possible so I went for my old stand by of M80 Speed Glaze. I also broke out an old Bottle of NXT Tech Wax (old version) for my choice of LSP(x2). The interior Got cleaned with APC+, a Meg's Interior Brush, and my Durrmaid hot water extractor. The nasty floor mats got APC+ scrubbed with the interior brush hosed off and then extracted. The windows ended up being cleaned with the spray can detailer line glass cleaner and micro fiber towels. Tires got a good coating of ASD and the wheel wells got a spray down with Water Based Dressing. I popped the hood to see how dirty the engine was and ended up giving it a good cleaning with Super Degreaser and dressed it with Water Based Dressing. Here are the before and after pictures with some nice reflection shots thrown in for good measure.

Before Exterior:

Interior Befores:

This is the clay bar after 1/4 of the hood.

After Exterior:

Interior After:

Finally the reflection shots:

Is it me or are these trees growing in the truck.

As you can tell from this picture I was dealing with some orange peel from this factory paint.

Would have been clearer without the peel.

My wife's Expedition was parked about 10 feet away in this picture and the depth of shine almost allows her plate to be read, no thanks to the orange peel.

Thanks everyone I hope you liked it and any comments are welcome. Have a good day buffing.

Andrew
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: 2005 Red Expedition Detailed for a Buddy's Wife NOT 56K friendly

Looks Great!!
    Nice Job!!
    Sweet Reflections!!
    Keep Up the Great Work!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Wow. Looks fantastic! Love those reflection shots! Keep it up!
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

nice job andrew...bet she was happy with the turnaround...like to see some interior pics if you have any?
        RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Nice job. I want to see pictures of his wife's face when she saw her "new" vehicle! I love threads like this. Thanks for sharing.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by RZ Autodetailing View Post
            nice job andrew...bet she was happy with the turnaround...like to see some interior pics if you have any?
            rocco,
            There is about 8 interior pictures both before and after in the right up. hopefully you are able to view them. they are posted in my opening post.

Andy

Comment

Great job, I love working on the family car, always a great turn out!
              "Every moment frontin and maxin
              Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
              "

Comment

Great work. The Expedition looks great. I bet they will keep it a lot longer now.

The reflection shots are great.

Way to go.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice job on that Expedition!

Looks better than new!

Good show
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

i see them now.....nice work...hope she can maintain it ...i bet she dont want a new truck now..
                    RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

rocco,

Glad that you are now able to see the pictures. I thought it was something wrong with the post at first.

Andrew

Comment

hey everyone,

Sorry for the late update. I got a text meassage from my friend about his wifes Expedition a few day after. She was totally happy with it. I later talked to him at work and he said she did not immediately notice the exterior because her main concern has been the interior. She totally loved how clean I got the interior. My friend had to tell her to look at the entire truck and she was floored by how it looked. He told me she thought it looked better than new.

Andrew

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');