• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Insight

It's better if you don't talk to me about Hondas....I'll drive you bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
      It's better if you don't talk to me about Hondas....I'll drive you bananas!
      Actually, I am not too thrilled with the newer direction in body styles Honda has taken. I used to like the Civic until they overhauled it in 07'. I do not like the "cab forward" design where you cannot see the hood. Call me old school, but I like to be able to see some hood in front of me. I lost interest in the Accord after 2002.

I like Acura more so than Honda. My favorite all time car to date was my 1989 Acura Legend and to this day today I still miss it. It was my Dad's. I acquired it with 80,000 miles on it, put another 100,000 on it and decided it had to go when the nickel and dime repairs started to turn into the hundreds. I sold it in 2002, and that's when I started to get into Toyota's with my first 2002 Corolla which I still have today.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
        Actually, I am not too thrilled with the newer direction in body styles Honda has taken. I used to like the Civic until they overhauled it in 07'. I do not like the "cab forward" design where you cannot see the hood. Call me old school, but I like to be able to see some hood in front of me. I lost interest in the Accord after 2002.

I like Acura more so than Honda. My favorite all time car to date was my 1989 Acura Legend and to this day today I still miss it. It was my Dad's. I acquired it with 80,000 miles on it, put another 100,000 on it and decided it had to go when the nickel and dime repairs started to turn into the hundreds. I sold it in 2002, and that's when I started to get into Toyota's with my first 2002 Corolla which I still have today.
        The new designs are very different.I like the new civ's.(typeR).The only ones I thought were a bit plain in appearance were the 6th gen's.I love the Integra(the older,early '90s).S2000 is beautifully designed,and it's a shame they stopped production of the NSX(especially it's involvment with Ayrton Senna)...The legends.I havn't seen one of them in ages!

You mentioned Acura. I know a little. It's american based. Are the hondas taken to acura, and then changed a little,like interior fittings etc? I'm interested to know about this.

I opened up a thread in the break room for eg5's,if you want to add your comments in there.

Comment

How's the gas mileage treatin' ya?? I wish my car could get over 20MPG in the city haha

Comment

Nice work and nice pics, I like the angles you used!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Ha! Thought you hade some words of wisdom! Insite, get it?

Comment

Ha,thanks for that. To be honest,I didn't really bother to much with close-up pics with this one,as it's a new car......but black!!!! It's hard to keep on top of it!

My civic is really easy in comparison.I'll be doing that soon,as soon as my exams are finished.

now + , next week.......

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                  Nice work and nice pics, I like the angles you used!
                  thanks for the photographic compliments! I used to be into photography years ago(SLR's with film),but had to drop it,simply because i didn't have the time.

I think it shows how good these cameras are nowadays,I use it on dum-dum mode.Again,I just don't have the time to play around with them.The one thing I love using for photos is 'artweaver',but i don't enhance the car pics at all,unless it's a bad pic which is grainy or to dark/bright.The good thing with that program,apart from being free,is it's ease of use.It's user freindly,not like the pro. art programs.

Cheer's.ed.

Comment

Originally posted by agp423 View Post
                    How's the gas mileage treatin' ya?? I wish my car could get over 20MPG in the city haha
                    I had to get my conversion table here: It works out at about 51mpg (I hope?) .I know it's about 18Km/L. In this area there are a lot of hills and quite a bit of overtaking to do,so I could get even better,if I drove it differently.

Caddy---Nice ride! I'd have to be loaded to afford the gas,insurance and road tax over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                      You mentioned Acura. I know a little. It's american based. Are the hondas taken to acura, and then changed a little,like interior fittings etc? I'm interested to know about this.
                      I don't think so. Acura is just a whole separate division. It's their "upscale" version of Honda, as Lexus is the upscale division of Toyota. Not to mention, a lot more expensive!
                      Last edited by MyFirstES300; Jun 9, 2009, 05:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                        I don't think so. Acura is just a whole separate division. It's their "upscale" version of Honda, as Lexus is the upscale division of Toyota. Not to mention, a lot more expensive!
                        What would be a fair estimate/comparison between a civic typeR and an Acura equivalent,if that's possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                          Ha! Thought you hade some words of wisdom! Insite, get it?

That's quite clever!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');