• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Honda S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Honda S2000

Looks great

Comment

I have a soft spot for the S2000, owned one in Berlina Black and it ripped around a track! I would let the dealer know they messed up, though, quite rudely I mean those are some nasty swirls!

I've found Honda paint to be very soft, especially on the S2000. My Berlina would swirl after the first wash after a polish, which was part of the reason I sold it. I was at a crossroads as to mod the heck out of it or keep it semi-stock and couldn't decide (or should I say afford); which was the other reason I had to sell. Every time I see one all polished up like this tears come to my eyes.

Great job on a beautiful color!

Comment

Originally posted by jlb85 View Post
        I have a soft spot for the S2000, owned one in Berlina Black and it ripped around a track! I would let the dealer know they messed up, though, quite rudely I mean those are some nasty swirls
        I thought about taking it back to them but obviously they don't know how to detail a car properly so chances are they would have just made it worse. I voiced the complaint about the swirls when Honda called me for a survey on my purchase.

I've found Honda paint to be very soft, especially on the S2000. My Berlina would swirl after the first wash after a polish, which was part of the reason I sold it. I was at a crossroads as to mod the heck out of it or keep it semi-stock and couldn't decide (or should I say afford); which was the other reason I had to sell. Every time I see one all polished up like this tears come to my eyes.
        Was your S2000 as single stage paint? I saw some red in my pads when polishing mine out that would lead me to believe this was the case. I've had three other Hondas over the years and they were all clear coated. My '99 Prelude (which I still have) has an especially hard paint, so I didn't even think Honda did single stage.

Great job on a beautiful color!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mike27 View Post

Was your S2000 as single stage paint? I saw some red in my pads when polishing mine out that would lead me to believe this was the case.
          The side view mirror paint should of been the only spot that showed up on the pad.

Looks good...have fun trying to keep the swirls away. jlb85 is right...mines showing very minor swirls after the 4 wash, but this time I did not go over the car with #6. No June Gloom of all days to work on that car.
          2003' Ford SVT Cobra
          2007' Honda S2000

My Cobra: http://0-1320feet.com/other_mycar.html

Comment

Originally posted by mike27 View Post
            Hey everyone, I just picked up a brand new 2009 Honda S2000. I wasn't planning on having to detail it so soon but unfortunately the Honda dealership I bought it from put horrible swirl marks all over the car. Mequiar's to the rescue!

Here's my process:
            NXT car wash
            Meguiar's mild detailing clay
            M80
            NXT Tech wax

I started off trying to use the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner but that didn't make much of a dent in the swirls.

Here is my M80 test spot side by side:
            (the black line is photoshoped in, I didn't bother to tape out my test spot)

After:

Beautiful job with the car! I have a Berlina Black AP2 and I hear that the Honda paints are softer compared to other paints. Did you have any problems using the Meguiar's products? Did you use a random orbital for this job?

Comment

Originally posted by mads2k View Post
              Beautiful job with the car! I have a Berlina Black AP2 and I hear that the Honda paints are softer compared to other paints. Did you have any problems using the Meguiar's products? Did you use a random orbital for this job?
              This car definetly does seem to have much softer paint then any of the previous Hondas I've had. No problems with any of the products used, I guess I didn't mention in the write up but I used my Meguiars DA for this job.

Comment

FYI to anyone that cares. Found this out from a Honda bulletin, Honda has three paint processes, single stage, base/clear and a base/clear with color. It all depends on the color and the year. Mine (New Formula Red) is a two-stage process, A small amount of color is mixed in the clear coat and applied over the color coat.

Originally posted by Dier View Post
                The side view mirror paint should of been the only spot that showed up on the pad.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');